We are about to enter 2017, and since I completed my last geocaching goal for 2016 as listed on http://project-gc.com/qa/?qa=8366/whats-your-geocaching-target-for-2016&show=8367#a8367 today, I started thinking about how I want to change my geocaching next year to make it better and more fun than last year. Last year I had a couple of goals that required me to continously make finds of certain types or quantities each month. This got tiring, so I won't do anything like that this year.
I started working on two local challenges last year that I want to finish:
- Complete a challenge that requires five finds on each calendar date. I need to add finds to 40 dates, at most two on each day.
- Try to complete a challenge that requires five finds of each D/T combination. The problem here is mostly that not all the needed caches are available locally.
Apart from that, I've come up with a couple of other goals that I'll try to reach:
- Log all active caches in my region that were active when I started geocaching. Since I started geocaching way back in 2004 there are not that many left that I haven't already found but there are a couple of dozen. On the other hand, they are pretty well spread over the region.
- Publish another cache that has at least 50% FP at the end of the year (I currently own 5, but 3 of them are adopted).
- Publish another wherigo cache (I've only published one which is very simple). [2017-04-10: Done]
What do you want to do during to 2017 to make it a better year than 2016?