Advanced

Change History

Moderators will move threads from "Checker requests" into this forum after a while when it has been decided that the challenge checker isn't possible for one or another reason. The threads should not be moved right away. The challenge owner should have a chance to adjust his requirements if that helps.

Changed By: topax_xx
Change Date: September 20, 2022 06:17AM

Re: GC9YY43 - 161km Challenge Cache
The feedback from my reviewer took some time as he 'challenged' also other reviewers. Conclusion is that he does not agree to the argument that this challenge violates the "guideline 10" [b]but[/b] there have been discussions with geocaching HQ in the past that these kind of challenges are "not wanted" as they seem to be "not simple and easy to explain, follow and document" - and presumably not that easy to write a checker for that is now a requirement.
There have been similar caches considering distances between single caches, even from moderators of this forum (e.g. GC7K4KC) or the one bmuzzin mentioned in the previous post, but its it's not worth to fight the effort to fight for this one as I have many other cache ideas in stock, so I will reject the request and discard this challenge idea.
This forum thread can be closed.

Original Message

Author: topax_xx
Date: September 20, 2022 06:15AM

Re: GC9YY43 - 161km Challenge Cache
The feedback from my reviewer took some time as he 'challenged' also other reviewers. Conclusion is that he does not agree to the argument that this challenge violates the "guideline 10" [b]but[/b] there have been discussions with geocaching HQ in the past that these kind of challenges are "not wanted" as they seem to be "not simple and easy to explain, follow and document" - and presumably not that easy to write a checker for that is now a requirement.
There have been similar caches considering distances between single caches, even from moderators of this forum (e.g. GC7K4KC) or the one bmuzzin mentioned in the previous post, but its not worth to fight the effort for this one as I have many other cache ideas in stock, so I will reject the request and discard this challenge idea.
This forum thread can be closed.