Advanced

Change History

Once a checker request has been fulfilled and the challenge owner (or checker requester) is satisfied the thread should be moved here by a moderator. Please allow some time before moving the thread, to allow feedback from the requester.

Message: Re: GC5WGKX Calgary's Favorites (or 20 in 20) Challenge

Changed By: JanlarC
Change Date: June 06, 2016 10:35PM

Re: GC5WGKX Calgary's Favorites (or 20 in 20) Challenge
I am not sure I understand you. Are you saying that it is not possible to allow a cache owner to count their own caches if they own several caches in the list with the FP variant? I would really prefer to include those cachers who make such wonderful caches, rather than penalize them.

I am not familiar with the LUA language, but I wonder if an 'if...then' condition is possible as follows:
The checker selects all caches that meet the location and FP criteria, including active, disabled and archived. (This list will have more than 20 caches.)
Loop through the list
... If the cacher has found a cache on the list, then add one to the counter
... If not,
Else,
...... If the cacher owns a cache on the list, then add one to the counter
Repeat the loop until the counter reaches 20 points or the list is exhausted.
Give OK when 20 points are reached

I sure hope this is possible.
JanlarC

Original Message

Author: JanlarC
Date: June 06, 2016 10:26PM

Re: GC5WGKX Calgary's Favorites (or 20 in 20) Challenge
I am not sure I understand you. Are you saying that it is not possible to allow a cache owner to count their own caches if they own several caches in the list with the FP variant? I would really prefer to include those cachers who make such wonderful caches, rather than penalize them.

I am not familiar with the LUA language, but I wonder if an 'if...then' condition is possible as follows:
The checker selects all caches that meet the location and FP criteria, including active, disabled and archived. (This list will have more than 20 caches.)
Loop through the list
... If the cacher has found a cache on the list, then add one to the counter
... If not,
...... If the cacher owns a cache on the list, then add one to the counter
Repeat the loop until the counter reaches 20 points or the list is exhausted.
Give OK when 20 points are reached

I sure hope this is possible.
JanlarC