Advanced

Change History

Not all Geocaches are clear if they are a Challenge or not. Therefore Project-GC has built a Challenge Exception-system. A part of the community has been granted access to this system, and they read through cache description to add votes if they believe these Geocaches are Challenges or not. In here, they can discuss extreme cases and see if they can come to an agreement.

Changed By: Pleu
Change Date: September 17, 2020 01:56PM

Re: GC5K780 week streak challenge bonus
@Deepdiggingmole

If it was a challenge when they logged it, it should be in their list of logged challenges so I still don't see why that's a problem.

I would prefer if you read my whole comment before answering. :) I did not say that all reviewers have better knowledge of the challenge guidelines. I said that the people that write challenge checkers and are not reviewers and by definition can not have all the information about the challenge guidelines and therefor they will not make correct judgements on all challenge checker requests. That's it. I didn't say that reviewers in general have a better knowledge. I am painfully aware of the problem with reviewers that publish anything with a checker, trust me on that. This does not change the fact that the checker writers are 1) also humans and 2) doesn't have all the information. The checker writers also miss things, that's my only point here.

Original Message

Author: Pleu
Date: September 14, 2020 09:45PM

Re: GC5K780 week streak challenge bonus
@Deepdiggingmole

If it was a challenge when they logged it, it should be in their list of logged challenges so I still don't see why that's a problem.

I would prefer if you read my whole comment before answering. :) I did not say that all reviewers have better knowledge of the challenge guidelines. I said that the people that write challenge checkers and are not reviewers and by definition can not have all the information about the challenge guidelines and therefor they will not make correct judgements on all challenge checker requests. That's it. I didn't say that reviewers in general have a better knowledge. I am painfully aware of the problem with reviewers that publish anything with a checker, trust me on that. This does not change the fact that the checker writers are 1) also humans and 2) doesn't have all the information. The checker writers also miss things, that's my only point here.