Advanced

Change History

Request new methods needed to make challenge checkers. One method request per thread please.

Changed By: arisoft
Change Date: August 31, 2017 09:24PM

Filtering by GC-Code from Tag
Previous conversation is [url=https://project-gc.com/forum/read?4,11980,11980#msg-11980]here[/url]

After Mar 2017, no documentation about qualifying the challenge is required from the finder. This means that the cache owner needs accurate tool to verify the claim, after the finder has logged the challenge as found. It is logically impossible that the challenge cache itself could be used prematurely before to qualify.

In many cases this is absolutely irrelevant but the result may be wrong. For example if the challenge needs one (1) found and the checker accepts the challenge itself, then it newnever fails when the owner confirms the finder's qualification with the checker - as it shoud.

Most effective solution could be a filter option for [i]PGC_GetFinds[/i] which use the [i]GC-Code[/i] from the [i]Tag[/i]. This way the [i]Tag[/i] is fully clonable and for a bonus there is no need to sequentially search the output to exlude this single cache.

Original Message

Author: arisoft
Date: August 27, 2017 10:19PM

Filtering by GC-Code from Tag
Previous conversation is [url=https://project-gc.com/forum/read?4,11980,11980#msg-11980]here[/url]

After Mar 2017, no documentation about qualifying the challenge is required from the finder. This means that the cache owner needs accurate tool to verify the claim, after the finder has logged the challenge as found. It is logically impossible that the challenge cache itself could be used prematurely before to qualify.

In many cases this is absolutely irrelevant but the result may be wrong. For example if the challenge needs one (1) found and the checker accepts the challenge itself, then it newer fails when the owner confirms the finder's qualification with the checker - as it shoud.

Most effective solution could be a filter option for [i]PGC_GetFinds[/i] which use the [i]GC-Code[/i] from the [i]Tag[/i]. This way the [i]Tag[/i] is fully clonable and for a bonus there is no need to sequentially search the output to exlude this single cache.