Advanced

Change History

Request new methods needed to make challenge checkers. One method request per thread please.

Changed By: Hügh
Change Date: January 14, 2020 06:37PM

Re: Lab caches included in challenges?
What bothers me is this: HQ allows Lab Caches in streaks, so according to Geocaching.com statistics my streak is 555 days long. But PGC doesn't count lab caches in streaks, so whenever I use a "streak checker" I am told that my streak is only 263 days long (I logged a Lab on day #264.)
If you have access to "found date" data, why don't they get counted in streaks?

Also, it's not like HQ has outright "banned" Lab caches for challenges — see https://www.geocaching.com/blog/2016/05/return-of-challenge-caches/

[quote]We are not permitting Lab Cache challenges because Lab Caches are temporary, are generally only available to those who attend Mega- or Giga-Events, are not associated with Found It logs, and are not completely integrated into Geocaching.com stats. [b]However, since they are included in user profile stats for Total Finds, Longest Streak, and Finds for Each Day of the Year grid, we are making an exception to permit Lab Caches to be used as qualifiers for challenges related only to those metrics.[/b][/quote]

I know that it's an old blog post and not the guidelines, but it might be worth checking with HQ.
Changed By: Hügh
Change Date: January 14, 2020 06:30PM

What bothers me is this: HQ allows Lab Caches in streaks, so according to Geocaching.com statistics my streak is 555 days long. But PGC doesn't count lab caches in streaks, so whenever I use a "streak checker" I am told that my streak is only 263 days long (I logged a Lab on day #264.)

Also, it's not like HQ has outright "banned" Lab caches for challenges — see https://www.geocaching.com/blog/2016/05/return-of-challenge-caches/

[quote]We are not permitting Lab Cache challenges because Lab Caches are temporary, are generally only available to those who attend Mega- or Giga-Events, are not associated with Found It logs, and are not completely integrated into Geocaching.com stats. [b]However, since they are included in user profile stats for Total Finds, Longest Streak, and Finds for Each Day of the Year grid, we are making an exception to permit Lab Caches to be used as qualifiers for challenges related only to those metrics.[/b][/quote]

I know that it's an old blog post and not the guidelines, but it might be worth checking with HQ.

Original Message

Author: Hügh
Date: January 14, 2020 06:28PM