To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Change History

Once a checker request has been fulfilled and the challenge owner (or checker requester) is satisfied the thread should be moved here by a moderator. Please allow some time before moving the thread, to allow feedback from the requester.

Changed By: arisoft
Change Date: November 14, 2019 09:15PM

Re: problem for rewiewing GC8CMH7
gwen.fox Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "It seems to me that the problem with this
> challenge is that it is based only on active
> caches. So if a cache is archived, you may no
> longer meet the conditions. This is therefore not
> in accordance with the Guidelines."

The challenge is based on the list of oldest caches which is not under the cache owner’s primary control. There is no archived caches in the list. This is the situation where we start.

To modify the checker we need to know which archived caches are considered to belong to this list and in what circumstances this should happen. For example, if the player meets the challenge without using any archived caches, should we go as it is now? Or should we add all archived finds to the list before scoring any caches? Or only check archived caches if there is any caches missing from the primary list.

[edit] And... not to be too easy... how do we calculate the age of an archived cache? Should we stop counting when the cache is archived?

I think that the easiest modification is to check archived caches only when a primary cache is not found. It keeps the script logic straightforward and scoring uniform.

[edit] And... not to be too easy... how do we calculate the age of an archived cache? Should we stop counting when the cache is archived?
Changed By: arisoft
Change Date: November 14, 2019 09:14PM

gwen.fox Wrote:

The challenge is based on the list of oldest caches which is not under the cache owner’s primary control. There is no archived caches in the list. This is the situation where we start.

To modify the checker we need to know which archived caches are considered to belong to this list and in what circumstances this should happen. For example, if the player meets the challenge without using any archived caches, should we go as it is now? Or should we add all archived finds to the list before scoring any caches? Or only check archived caches if there is any caches missing from the primary list.

I think that the easiest modification is to check archived caches only when a primary cache is not found. It keeps the script logic straightforward and scoring uniform.

Original Message

Author: arisoft
Date: November 14, 2019 09:04PM

gwen.fox Wrote: