To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Change History

Once a checker request has been fulfilled and the challenge owner (or checker requester) is satisfied the thread should be moved here by a moderator. Please allow some time before moving the thread, to allow feedback from the requester.

Message: Re: GC6Y3A5 yellow belt challenge (30+ points) new checker needed

Changed By: Target.
Change Date: December 13, 2016 05:10PM

Re: GC6Y3A5 yellow belt challenge (30+ points) new checker needed
Had a bug when the belt number was below 10 but it is not fix

About the challenge.
[quote]Concerning your feedback: I know that you mustn't purely rely on external software so I said in the listing text that users can also send me their geocaching.com stats and point out how they earned their 30 points. That's not a one click solution but shouldn't take too long either.
It's a bit strange that Groundspeak requires a challenge checker on PGC but does not allow PGC as a tool to prove you have completed the challenge.[/quote]
You need all rules for the challenge on gc.com and it has to be "must be verifiable through information on Geocaching.com." IE the rules has to be on that website and all information the validate.
Is is a requirement that:
"the cache has a checker"
not
"The findes has to use a checker"
You should be able to find out if you are qualified without using pgc,

[quote]The challenge can be solved without FTFs; they merely help. There is an identical challenge here:
https://coord.info/GC59KN3 which was published less than 2 years ago. For that reason I hoped that the reviewers would allow a copy in a different region.[/quote]
That a similar challenge was published before the new guidelines is irrelevant. A challenge published with the new guideline can be relevant for complains about inkonsistens. But notice that the guidelines has been updated
What is relevant is if your challenge is according to the current rules

I submitted a black belt challenge when they were reintroduced and it was rejected.
The reason is that all ways to pass a challenge has to be according to the guidelines.
The is more problem than the FTF. Have list all below but i can have missed some.
If you rewrite the allowed belt and badges to be in the cache listing notice the following guideline

"The challenge requirements should be simple, and easy to explain, follow and document. A long list of rules or restrictions may prevent publication."

The following are against the guidelines 7/18 if a count correctly
[list]
[*] 10 points per 50 caches found on day with most finds, maximum of 40 points
[*] 2 points per distinct cache type on day with most distinct types found
[*] 0.5 points per FTF, maximum of 30 points
[*] 1 point per gemstone badge (excluding country badges)
[*] 2 points for every year since your first cache find
[*] 0.05 points per trackable moved/discovered (maximum 25 points)
[*] 0.1 points per photo uploaded to found logs (maximum 25 points)
[/list]

The following badges are against the guidelines. (only badegs avalible on pgc is included. The non included would also not be allowed
[list]
[*] The Coin Collector
[*] The Travel Bug
[*] The Long-Distance Cacher
[*] The Caching Veteran
[*] The Busy Cacher
[*] The Shutterbug
[*] The Author
[*] The FTF Addict
[*] The Diverse Cacher
[/list]

But feel free to send the cache to the rewiver for a official response

Original Message

Author: Target.
Date: December 13, 2016 05:09PM

Re: GC6Y3A5 yellow belt challenge (30+ points) new checker needed
Had a bug when the belt number was below 10 but it is not fix

About the challenge.
[quote]Concerning your feedback: I know that you mustn't purely rely on external software so I said in the listing text that users can also send me their geocaching.com stats and point out how they earned their 30 points. That's not a one click solution but shouldn't take too long either.
It's a bit strange that Groundspeak requires a challenge checker on PGC but does not allow PGC as a tool to prove you have completed the challenge.[/quote]
You need all rules for the challenge on gc.com and it has to be "must be verifiable through information on Geocaching.com." IE the rules has to be on that website and all information the validate.
Is is a requirement that:
"the cache has a checker"
not
"The findes has to use a checker"
You should be able to find out if you are qualified without using pgc,

[quote]The challenge can be solved without FTFs; they merely help. There is an identical challenge here:
https://coord.info/GC59KN3 which was published less than 2 years ago. For that reason I hoped that the reviewers would allow a copy in a different region.[/quote]
That a similar challenge was published before the new guidelines is irrelevant. A challenge published with the new guideline can be relevant for complains about inkonsistens. But notice that the guidelines has been updated
What is relevant is if your challenge is according to the current rules

I submitted a black belt challenge when they were reintroduced and it was rejected.
The reason is that all ways to pass a challenge has to be according to the guidelines.
The is more problem than the FTF. Have list all below but i can have missed some.
If you rewrite the allowed belt and badges to be in the cache listing notice the following guideline

"The challenge requirements should be simple, and easy to explain, follow and document. A long list of rules or restrictions may prevent publication."

The following are against the guidelines 7/18 if a count correctly
[list]
[*] 10 points per 50 caches found on day with most finds, maximum of 40 points
[*] 2 points per distinct cache type on day with most distinct types found
[*] 0.5 points per FTF, maximum of 30 points
[*] 1 point per gemstone badge (excluding country badges)
[*] 2 points for every year since your first cache find
[*] 0.05 points per trackable moved/discovered (maximum 25 points)
[*] 0.1 points per photo uploaded to found logs (maximum 25 points)
[/list]

The following badges are against the guidelines. (only badegs avalible on pgc is included. The non included would also not be allowed
[list]
[*] The Coin Collector
[*] The Travel Bug
[*] The Long-Distance Cacher
[*] The Caching Veteran
[*] The Busy Cacher
[*] The Shutterbug
[*] The Author
[*] The FTF Addict
[*] The Diverse Cacher
[/list]