To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Change History

Topics that don't fit elsewhere, but still are related to challenge checkers.

Changed By: Deepdiggingmole
Change Date: September 20, 2019 09:36AM

Inconsistency
It has come to my attention that there seems to be some inconsistency with checkers put out where the criteria involves finding caches in different continents
I am aware this issue was raised sometime last year when some clarification was required as to why the Canary Islands came under Africa (and not Europe as they are Spanish territory) and Cyprus coming under Asia even though it too is Europe.
The answer back then was that PGC now referred to the New World Encyclopedia and the positioning of countries in certain continents was mainly due to their geographical position and that can be seen with the above two examples.
It was as a result that when checkers were created CyrpCyprus was under Asia - The Canaries under Africa.
Various Challenges were created with these located as such.
However two recent challenges both continent themed and have been noted as having lists of countries under continent headings and Cyprus is under Europe. The Canaries not listed (as presumably they come under Spain - so Europe)
When the checkers have been tested it seems that both these are true that these two come under Europe.
So what happened to the guidelines that Cyprus = Asia and The Canaries = Africa
Has there been a change of mind. Is there a new list that PGC now work from ?

Original Message

Author: Deepdiggingmole
Date: September 19, 2019 09:30PM

Inconsistency
It has come to my attention that there seems to be some inconsistency with checkers put out where the criteria involves finding caches in different continents
I am aware this issue was raised sometime last year when some clarification was required as to why the Canary Islands came under Africa (and not Europe as they are Spanish territory) and Cyprus coming under Asia even though it too is Europe.
The answer back then was that PGC now referred to the New World Encyclopedia and the positioning of countries in certain continents was mainly due to their geographical position and that can be seen with the above two examples.
It was as a result that when checkers were created Cyrpus was under Asia - The Canaries under Africa.
Various Challenges were created with these located as such.
However two recent challenges both continent themed and have been noted as having lists of countries under continent headings and Cyprus is under Europe. The Canaries not listed (as presumably they come under Spain - so Europe)
When the checkers have been tested it seems that both these are true that these two come under Europe.
So what happened to the guidelines that Cyprus = Asia and The Canaries = Africa
Has there been a change of mind. Is there a new list that PGC now work from ?