To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Change History

Topics that don't fit elsewhere, but still are related to challenge checkers.

Changed By: RaMaRoMa
Change Date: September 12, 2016 12:49PM

Re: New scripts
Hello ganja1447,

Thanks for the answer, as I understand from it, it is not allowed for new script writers to join the team at Project GC.
I am a little familiar with script writing myself, mostly VBA for Excel. But I can always try to adapt Target's script to get the correct outcome for my checker.
Only problem for me is how can I check the outcome of the script/checker code, is there some kind of software I can use for it? If so than maybe there is some program you are working with, I can to pickup script writing myself a little, because I find it fun to do, and maybe help you guys out sometimes, without actually joining the team here at Project GC.

What is strange in my opinion is that Groundspreak makes those checkers mandatory to be in the listing before a new challenge is published, but you guys have to make them in your own time. So since the challenges are accepted again you have to do much more work I think, although you are all still volunteers.

For your info, the tread I'm talking about is http://project-gc.com/forum/read?8,1522

RaMaRoMa
Changed By: RaMaRoMa
Change Date: September 12, 2016 12:47PM

Hello ganja1447,

Thanks for the answer, as I understand from it, it is not allowed for new script writers to join the team at Project GC.
I am a little familiar with script writing myself, mostly VBA for Excel. But I can always try to adapt Target's script to get the correct outcome for my checker.
Only problem for me is how can I check the outcome of the script/checker code, is there some kind of software I can use for it? If so than maybe I can pickup script writing myself a little, because I find it fun to do, and maybe help you guys out sometimes, without actually joining the team here at Project GC.

What is strange in my opinion is that Groundspreak makes those checkers mandatory to be in the listing before a new challenge is published, but you guys have to make them in your own time. So since the challenges are accepted again you have to do much more work I think, although you are all still volunteers.

For your info, the tread I'm talking about is http://project-gc.com/forum/read?8,1522

RaMaRoMa

Original Message

Author: RaMaRoMa
Date: September 12, 2016 12:39PM

Hello ganja1447,

Only problem for me is how can I check the outcome of the script/checker code, is there some kind of software I can use for it? If so than maybe I can pickup script writing myself a little, because I find it fun to do, and maybe help you guys out sometimes, without actually joining the team here at Project GC.

RaMaRoMa