To be able to write in the forum you need to authenticate. Meanwhile it's read-only.

Change History

Topics that don't fit elsewhere, but still are related to challenge checkers.

Message: Re: Please, block cloning of tags on non-complying checkers

Changed By: PattuX
Change Date: December 11, 2019 10:58PM

Re: Please, block cloning of tags on non-complying checkers
I agree with arisoft's suggestion to simply display a warning.

Determining whether a challenge is V1/V2 compatible automatically is pretty much impossible. I also think not allowing cloning on scripts is the way to go since many scripts can produce tags that may or may not be allowed with V2 (e.g. general regex checkers or muli-test checkers). Plus, as ari already mentioned, people might want to tag/clone to create a checker for grandfathered challenges.

I don't think distinguishing between V2a and V2b is really necessary as the rules didn't change too much. In the end I imagine most challenge requests that reviewers have to decline are challenges based on time-limited criteria, owner/cache names and areas that are not CRC. I wouldn't think there are too many cloned tags that get declined because of the Jan/Nov'19 changes. Ultimately, the goal should not be a perfect system but one that is simple but yet reduces unnecessary workload for reviewers.

Original Message

Author: PattuX
Date: December 06, 2019 06:08PM

Re: Please, block cloning of tags on non-complying checkers
I agree with arisoft's suggestion to simply display a warning.

Determining whether a challenge is V1/V2 compatible automatically is pretty much impossible. I also think not allowing cloning on scripts is the way to go since many scripts can produce tags that may or may not be allowed with V2 (e.g. general regex checkers or muli-test checkers). Plus, as ari already mentioned, people might want to tag/clone to create a checker for grandfathered challenges.

I don't think distinguishing between V2a and V2b is really necessary as the rules didn't change too much. In the end I imagine most challenge requests that reviewers have to decline are challenges based on owner/cache names and areas that are not CRC. I wouldn't think there are too many cloned tags that get declined because of the Jan/Nov'19 changes. Ultimately, the goal should not be a perfect system but one that is simple but yet reduces unnecessary workload for reviewers.