Advanced

[Cancelled] Need Checker for 50+ Challenge Caches

[Cancelled] Need Checker for 50+ Challenge Caches
June 04, 2017 09:22PM
My cache (still unpublished) is GC76Q78. I believe the checker for GC44V4R checks for 100+ Challenge Caches, and thus a simple clone tag for 50+ is all that is required.

DrPflug (Rick)
Re: Need Checker for 50+ Challenge Caches
June 04, 2017 10:45PM
The only method to detect challenge cache is to test it for type 'unknown cache' and the word "challenge" in the title of the cache. Hopelessly under the new rules of challenge cache the challenge cannot be based on the title. I believe that checking for this particular condition can pass the review process, but try to contact your reviewer if he will be able to publish it once the checker will be done.
June 04, 2017 11:03PM
I'm sorry the challenge you mentioned is now a grandfathered challenge and not acceptable under the new guidelines.

Challenges are part of the Unknown Cache type and the only way to separate challenge caches is based on the cache title.

Please read 2.9. Challenge caches https://www.geocaching.com/help/index.php?pg=kb.chapter&id=127&pgid=206

10. Source of Criteria - Not Acceptable
These listing elements: cache titles, cache owner, GC Codes, publishing Reviewer or listing text. (new 2016)
July 10, 2017 08:09PM
No further correspondence received for more than a month so request cancelled and moved to ARCHIVE Checker requests (impossible)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login