Advanced

Re: Technical question for an Event challenge checker

[Cancelled] Technical question for an Event challenge checker
July 19, 2017 10:37PM
Hi,

there a lot of challenges like "You must have found a Mystery on at least 300 days, regardless of the year you have logged the Mystery".

Is it also possible for Events? And best only for Events, no Mega's, no CITO's...?

I see two problems:
1) Event-date from regular tables maybe changed from month to month. It would be enough if the user fulfilled the challenge at a spefic time. Documented with a screenshot of the "green" checker.

2) To avoid deliberately incorrect log entries it is important to consider the date of the event and not the date of the log entry.

If it is technically possible to program such a checker I am working on the development of the cache (:D

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards from Germany
Scubby
July 19, 2017 11:25PM
Yes this is possible if base the checker on last placement Date.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/19/2017 11:46PM by vogelbird. (view changes)
July 23, 2017 10:16PM
I would ask a reviwer before I tried to create a challenge of login event on a number of dates regardless of year. I suspect that you have a problem because a challenge like that would encourage creation of meaningless event only for the challenge.

It is a huge difference between logging event that are on a specific date then to log a cache that you can log on any day you please.

1) Event-date from regular tables maybe changed from month to month. It would be enough if the user fulfilled the challenge at a spefic time. Documented with a screenshot of the "green" checker

I suspect that it refers to a few events that is reused with a changed date for each occurance. PGC will only be able to see the current event day. But it would be possible to use the date of multiple attend logs on the same cache on their individual date
July 30, 2017 01:39PM
Hi,
Is it possible to have the challenge criteria being an attended event for the 12 months of a year, given that there is a 4 character string in the event title?
So, for example, the criteria would be met is the user had attended 12 events that contain the string " BCF" in the title?

Is this a)valid; and b)doable?
Thanks
July 30, 2017 02:38PM
The string in the cache name is not allowed under guideline #10 https://www.geocaching.com/help/index.php?pg=kb.chapter&id=127&pgid=206#criteria :

Not acceptable:
These cache page elements: cache titles, cache owner, GC Codes, publishing Reviewer, cache page text, or D/T ratings of events. (Updated July 2017)
September 11, 2017 06:46PM
This thread has not received any feedback from the requester and will therefor be moved to ARCHIVE Checker requests (impossible). Should the requester have any queries he can raise his question on this thread in the archived section,
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login