Advanced

[Cancelled] GC6K9AC - 10 days since last find

[Cancelled] GC6K9AC - 10 days since last find
June 09, 2016 01:20PM
I'm looking for a challenge checker that checks if a given user (profile) had a 10 days interval (break) in finding caches. If the condition is met, only then the user can collect my cache GC6K9AC.
This is not a negative challenge. I'm not forcing anyone to stop geocaching.
It's rather based on the idea, that I would like to test the person's persistence and see if one is capable of holding for 10 days to approach my cache.

The cache will have a humoristic name "Pest control". The challenge: to avoid the rat race of modern days and be able to slow down, quit the competition and focusing on the highest score.

Regards,
Luke
Re: GC6K9AC - 10 days since last find
June 09, 2016 01:32PM
This is actually exactly what the guideline is written against. I think you should discuss this with the reviewer before anyone spends time on it.
June 09, 2016 01:35PM
I am quite sure it is against guideline
14. Positive Challenge Criteria Not Acceptable

Not finding caches: design that limits or punishes any element of finding caches. Examples: Challenges that require ratios in finds; such as 10% of finds must be Attended logs, challenges that require finding only some particular type for over time, as 100 consecutive Mystery finds.

But it is easy to tag when a checker exist

http://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC6K9AC/21355

Please report back if it is allowd
June 09, 2016 01:50PM
Thanks for quick reaction. I appreciate your comment as well as the checker script itself.

Let me re-iterate: my idea is not to limit or punish geocaching, as per in 14. Positive Challenge Criteria Not Acceptable.
I rather want to provoke having a distance, ability not to participate in the "rat race" where people focus on getting higher scores and larger wins.

If this idea does not appeal to anyone, they simply skip my cache. Otherwise, everyone should feel free to collect my cache, in the same time giving a thought to our modern times.

Of course, I will let you know if reviewer finds this idea acceptable.

Let me also clarify the expected checker output: to see if there is at least 10 days of not finding a cache in the present. I'm not looking for historical best (longest break). I rather want to know how many days have passed from today till the last found day and is it more than 10.

Thank you!
June 09, 2016 02:16PM
lukey84 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Let me re-iterate: my idea is not to limit or
> punish geocaching, as per in 14. Positive
> Challenge Criteria Not Acceptable.
> I rather want to provoke having a distance,
> ability not to participate in the "rat race" where
> people focus on getting higher scores and larger
> wins.

But you are doing precisely that. If you log a cache in the last 10 days you are not allowed to log the challenge.
Gorundspeek does not what challenges to stop people from finding caches. They what people to log caches without thinking that they will not complete a challenge.
There is an old extreme variant in Sweden. Not log in 365 days challenge.

There is not script to check for that. And there is no idea to do a rewrite when the challenge is most likely not allowed.
But feel free to contact a a reviewer to ask if the challenge can be published.
An post a response in this thread when you get a response/choose not to publish the challenge

An if it is allowed there will be a problem to do a good checker if today is the limit. there is a time delay for finds to be detected by pgc and if you have found a cache in the las few days it is likely that pgc don't have the log and you will get a false positive on the checker..
That is also a technical reason to only allow positive challenge criteria because missing data will only result in false negative and not false positive

I removed the gc code from the tag i linked but it still works

And i would suspect that would be against 13 not allowed if you replace finds with not finds to reqiret the 10 days directly before loggin the challenge

Restrictions on date of finds used for the challenge are not permitted.
June 09, 2016 02:17PM
lukey84 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Let me re-iterate: my idea is not to limit or
> punish geocaching, as per in 14. Positive
> Challenge Criteria Not Acceptable.
> I rather want to provoke having a distance,
> ability not to participate in the "rat race" where
> people focus on getting higher scores and larger
> wins.

But you are doing precisely that. If you log a cache in the last 10 days you are not allowed to log the challenge.
Gorundspeek does not what challenges to stop people from finding caches. They what people to log caches without thinking that they will not complete a challenge.
There is an old extreme variant in Sweden. Not log in 365 days challenge.

There is not script to check for that. And there is no idea to do a rewrite when the challenge is most likely not allowed.
But feel free to contact a a reviewer to ask if the challenge can be published.
An post a response in this thread when you get a response/choose not to publish the challenge

An if it is allowed there will be a problem to do a good checker if today is the limit. there is a time delay for finds to be detected by pgc and if you have found a cache in the las few days it is likely that pgc don't have the log and you will get a false positive on the checker..
That is also a technical reason to only allow positive challenge criteria because missing data will only result in false negative and not false positive

I removed the gc code from the tag i linked but it still works

And i would suspect that would be against 13 not allowed if you replace finds with not finds to reqiret the 10 days directly before loggin the challenge

Restrictions on date of finds used for the challenge are not permitted.
June 13, 2016 03:11PM
Have you asked a reviewer?
or is it canceled?
June 13, 2016 03:13PM
Hi,

I have changed the idea for the cache. Basically, I decided not to include the condition in question.

Thanks.
June 13, 2016 03:16PM
Then a cancel the request when that was the only requirement.
If i have misunderstod please post a new request with the new requirement
June 09, 2016 08:30PM
I'm also convinced that this cache would not be published under the current guide lines (or the guidelines before the moratorium). In general, if finding a cache (any cache) makes it harder to qualify for a challenge, the challenge is breaking the guidelines.

/Jonas aka lillfiluren
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login