Advanced

[Cancelled] GC5H8MC - Find Certain Caches in a County

[Cancelled] GC5H8MC - Find Certain Caches in a County
September 12, 2017 09:38PM
I have just realized that one of my old caches is actually a challenge cache, and I would love to have it listed as such. In order to log this cache, one has to find 25 designated caches in Baranya county, Hungary.

This cache is part of a country wide project created by several people, with each county having 25 caches hidden for the series and then a mega challenge cache for anyone who completed all the county challenges. So if someone was kind enough to create a checker for me, it could be used in all the other counties, too.

There are so few challenge caches in Hungary, that fixing these up would truly enhance the cache palette.
Thank you very much.
Re: GC5H8MC - Find Certain Caches in a County
September 13, 2017 12:25AM
Strombus Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have just realized that one of my old caches is
> actually a challenge cache, and I would love to
> have it listed as such. In order to log this
> cache, one has to find 25 designated caches in
> Baranya county, Hungary.

There are many expectations for a challenge cache. For example the title should have word "challenge". This status can not be acquired retrospectively.

> This cache is part of a country wide project
> created by several people, with each county having
> 25 caches hidden for the series and then a mega
> challenge cache for anyone who completed all the
> county challenges. So if someone was kind enough
> to create a checker for me, it could be used in
> all the other counties, too.

It is possible to make a checker if you reveal the necessary details but I do not understand who this is meant for as the mystery needs to be solved to get coordinates. Could you tell us a bit more about this purpose.
September 13, 2017 10:22AM
Dear arisoft,

Thank you for your quick response.
The purpose of this series is to show less know beauties, such as a small chapel, a little house in the middle of the woods, a Calvary, a nice hidden lake, the most southern point of Hungary, etc. It is for anyone who would like to know a county better.
There is no mystery to solve at the end. Currently the way it works that there is code in each cache. The code has to be submitted, and if all the 25 for a county are submitted, the coordinates for the final, the Challenge cache are revealed. If a challenge checker is created than actually there is no need for this administration of sending in codes.
If for a challenge cache it is not allowed to have unpublished coordinates I am willing to publish them, though I think it is fun that you see them only when you are entitled to log the cache.

The following caches are the ones that need to be logged before getting to the final, the Challenge cache:
1. GC5FY9M
2. GC5HAX2
3. GC5GGVJ
4. GC5GP76
5. GC5CRKQ
6. GC5G0ER
7. GC5FBPQ
8. GC5CW0G
9. GC5GD71
10. GC5HV3
11. GC5GDJR
12. GC5H9E5
13. GC5GBVD
14. GC5H4HJ
15. GC5H9HP
16. GC5HCDW
17. GC5G683
18. GC5HDWW
19. GC5HCF1
20. GC5HB1T
21. GC5HB2Z
22. GC5HBE1
23. GC5HBG6
24. GC5GXM8
25. GC5GZ4Z

Thank you.

Strombus
September 13, 2017 10:42AM
I fear that this will not work. It seems that your intention is to change the status of the cache to an official challenge, which is not allowed. If you publish the final coordinates, then everyone can find the cache without any limits.
September 13, 2017 11:57AM
I don't want to publish the final coordinates. I thought you wanted me to.
September 13, 2017 12:40PM
Checker does not need final coordinates. It could check that all listed caches are found, but there is no use for this kind of information, because the player only needs the final coordinates to find the cache and checker can not help with this matter. How did you think that the checker would be used?
September 13, 2017 09:59PM
Thanks for your input arisoft and pieterix.
September 13, 2017 01:10PM
This is not a challenge cache. This is purely a mystery cache. I suggest you take a look at certitude AKA www.certitudes.org which will allow users to input the list of secret codes to receive the final coordinates. As mentioned already, a challenge checker can't be used to provide the final coordinates based on finds. That's where certitude and geocheck comes into play. If on the other hand, and the jury is still out as to whether it's really a challenge cache, you change the coordinates of this cache to the actual coordinates, we should be able to create a checker to allow you to verify that the user has found all the required caches. Best you speak to your local reviewer and/or investigate certitude.
September 13, 2017 01:28PM
There is already "geochecker" for the mystery part. For me this request looks like a tool for checking something beyond the mystery part. Definitely this is not a challenge checker, but there are some other "not a challenge" checkers already. Anyway this mystery seems to work perfectly without any additional checker.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login