Advanced

Re: Need Checker

[Cancelled] Need Checker
October 22, 2017 03:16AM
Need checker for GC1XR54.
October 22, 2017 12:57PM
"you must find a series of Traditional caches at increasing distances from the next closest cache"

At first glance this seems to be impossible, because it needs ability to search nearest caches and there is no such tool available in the scipting system. Any ideas?
October 22, 2017 01:24PM
I was doubtful it could be done, but I'm not a real programmer, so I decided to see if anyone had an idea.
It looks like an arduous task to do by hand.
November 05, 2017 06:25PM
It is impossible in the checker system since the scrips only have access to your own finds and not to all excising caches and therefor you cant know if a trad are near another physical cache that you have not found.
November 06, 2017 02:25AM
I understand why it can't be done. I'm not sure paper and pencil can get it done with any certainty or in a reasonable amount of time.
Thanks for looking at it.
November 06, 2017 10:37AM
That is one of the reasons that groundspeek added challenge checkers as a requirement to challenges. It is quite easy to know that you meet the requirement if you set after you read the challenge but it is hard to know if you have done it in the past

I would suggest a map based way to find out if it is meet the requirements. Finding lone cache fins are not that hard on a map.

There is one undefined part of the challenge. Should the distance requirement be true when you logg the challenge or when you logged the cache? Because of new caches and archiving of caches the distance to other caches can change. It might even change between when you validate and when you visit the cache if it is at a later date.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login