Advanced

Re: Caching Snooker (a challenge cache)

[Work in progress] Caching Snooker (a challenge cache)
June 16, 2016 05:11PM
Hello,
Could I request a checker like the one on this challenge cache? http://coord.info/GC55C65

Thanks in advance

Dixie
June 16, 2016 06:27PM
Hello from a Community Volunteer Reviewer.

Is this request for a legacy challenge (pre-moratorium)? If so, you should provide the GC Code so that a checker can be tagged to that challenge cache.

If you are thinking of hiding a new challenge cache with this design, it cannot be published because the challenge criteria rely upon the cache names.
June 16, 2016 06:38PM
This is a legacy challenge with the link attached. here is the GC code

GC55C65
June 17, 2016 10:56AM
The requirement "3. You cannot use more than one cache from a series of caches." makes it pretty much impossible for a checker script to be implemented as there is no way to automate this check. With this though a script should be possible, though it will probably require a new script to be written in order to handle computing the score.
June 21, 2016 03:55PM
A note the the checker requester is not the CO
So adding a incorrect checker to the GC code would not be appropriate.
But creating one without the code would be ok

If you are a paying member you can check it you qualify semi automatic.
filter your finds by colourd s in the name and do the calculations your self. And check for the in a series manually

A link for red caches for you. but you have to be a paying member

http://project-gc.com/Tools/MapCompare?profile_name=dixie_gooner&onefound=on&cachename_contains=red&submit=Filter
August 08, 2017 12:37AM
Working on a script...
August 08, 2017 08:49PM
How are you going to implement requirement #3?

3. You cannot use more than one cache from a series of caches.
August 08, 2017 10:44PM
Given that I have no idea what series are available in the area, I was thinking of handling #3 via a config variable with an array of series names, from which the script will then only allow one match. This will obviously only work if there's some fixed series name as part of the cache name.
August 09, 2017 06:03PM
And it will generate false positives for cacher who are from out of the area or have logged a series far away.

I would as the CO of the challenge that is not the requester if a checker with false possitives is added because there will be logs on the output of the checker by people who don read caustions that result might have false result. I would recomend agains taggin checkers with false possitive and negative results.

A better way is to create a tool (with the checker system) that extract all fins and group in colors etc and always return false. Dont attach the GC code to it but ask the CO to link it in text form(before you start) with explicit instruction that it is a tool. Not adding the gc code to it will result in not false ok or not ok result on pgc maps etc

A problem with only one in a series it to show not ok results in a readable way since you could change witch color you use in it. the output of a not ok is the most usefully one on complex challenges so you can know what to do to meet the requirement
August 09, 2017 06:41PM
Target., I hear what you're saying, but I've been trying to cover 4 challenges with the same script:

Challenge: GC45J08 - All About A Challenge # 5 - Snookered
Challenge: GC4WEDK - 147 Snooker Challenge
Challenge: GC4NYHP - D.C.T. #15 JUST 147 SNOOKER CHALLENGE CACHE
Challenge: GC55C65 - Caching Snooker (a challenge cache)

Given the massive colour duplication in the cache type versions, I get way too many options and it runs out of allocated time before I can find a solution. Will discuss your proposal via private chat, as I'm not 100% sure what you mean by it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login