Advanced

[Awaiting feedback] checker needed

[Awaiting feedback] checker needed
July 05, 2016 08:48PM
I need a checker for the following challenge cache. GC6MYQF. It has not yet been added to the Geocaching.com queue. The challenge requirements are as follows:

To complete this challenge, and claim this as found, you must spell out the word JANUARY using the first letter of the cache name which you have found in the state of "Georgia" with a "placed date" in the month of "January". Any year will count. It can be from any Cache Owner and you can use the same Owner more than once as long as you use separate Cache Names as part of your finds.

THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES APPLY:

1 - Only these cache types will be accepted
Traditional, Multi, Puzzle/Mystery, and Letter Box Hybrid
2 - You cannot use the same cache more than once.
3 - Previous finds from prior years are acceptable.
4 - Archived caches count as long as you have logged your find prior to the cache being archived.
5 - Disabled caches count as long as you have logged your find prior to the cache being disabled.
6 - It should go unsaid, but you cannot use your own caches.

When claiming this cache as found, you must include proof that you have completed the challenge by pasting the Project-GC results in your log. Any found logs without proof of completing the challenge will be deleted.

I hope to also place challenges for the other months of the year, but am waiting to be sure that a script will work for this challenge. I assume that if one works for January, it could be easily edited for each of the other months of the year.

I have the same series of monthly challenges in the state of Alabama that were published before the rules changes to require a checker. The GC code for the Alabama January hide is GC5KENW.

Someone had written a script for the Alabama hides that may be worth looking at. I contacted the developer directly but never received a response. It was named "ABC checker" and developed by Seeker Supreme. Also tagged by vogelbird.

I am not familiar with this new process so any guidance will be appreciated!

Feel free to contact me by email with comments or questions.
Thanks!
Bob
(zzbob)
Re: checker needed
July 05, 2016 09:09PM
Please read the guidelines on http://support.groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=206
10. Source of Criteria
Not Acceptable
These listing elements: cache titles, cache owner, GC Codes, publishing Reviewer or listing text. (new 2016)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login