Advanced

[Cancelled] Checker for GC5G16A to be adjusted

[Cancelled] Checker for GC5G16A to be adjusted
August 16, 2018 11:22AM
Hello,

I created the checker for this cache: https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC5G16A/36664
But cache owner is not 100% happy, because I used:
"maxHiddenDate": "2014-11-06"

Instead,he'd like to limit it by Publish date, something like:
"maxPublishDate": "2014-11-06"

I don't know if this is possible, I have never seen that. Thank you for help.
Re: Checker for GC5G16A to be adjusted
August 16, 2018 11:30AM
Probably referring to PGC.GetPublishers() but I can't recall ever seeing a script checking for publication dates. Also note the comment there about publication dates:

Note that a cache can be published multiple times and will then be returned once for each publisher (or twice if it was the same publisher). One should also be aware of that "Publish listing" is a log type that haven't always existed, not all caches has a publisher.
August 16, 2018 01:47PM
Probably "maxGCCode" as alternative? I'm not aware of that either.
August 16, 2018 01:56PM
Another suggestion would be to exclude any contentious caches via the excludeCaches parameter. maxGCCode wouldn't be a solution for caches that were created before the cut-off date and only published much later. I suppose that's potentially the same issue with maxHiddenDate.
August 16, 2018 10:24PM
Cache owner sent me this:
Hi Rikitan! Please delete the checker because we will not find a solution without issues. Is ist possible to do something preventing someone else building another checker (with issues too)? Some kind of black list?

I'm going to delete the checker, he does not want it.
August 16, 2018 10:25PM
Cancelled, thank you for suggestions and sorry for bothering.
August 16, 2018 10:26PM
No problem. Always good to have discussions about problems encountered in this area.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login