Advanced

Re: Is a Checker possible?

[Cancelled] Is a Checker possible?
July 22, 2016 12:30AM
Hello Everyone,

we want to create a Challenge-Cache with the condition, that you have traveled to five Countries in one day or twelve hours.

For Example:

We traveled to: Germany, Luxembourg, France, Belgium an the Netherlands in twelve hours.

Thanks for your help.

regards

Team Faint
July 22, 2016 12:49AM
Such a challenge is no longer allowed. Only 1 find per Day is possible. A challenge where you have to visit 5 countries is possible but without any time restrictions.
July 22, 2016 01:21AM
Also, the twelve hour part would never have been able to be tested in a challenge checker, since the logs only have a date, not a time.
July 22, 2016 09:58AM
The maximum time to complete old in a day challenge is 50 hours There are timezones from +14 to -12
There are caches on +14 in Kiribati on Kiritimati http://coord.info/GC6KXK0 There is still a FTF chance on it
But there is no geocaches in -12 on the uninhabited Howland and Baker Island.
and on -11 on American Samoa http://coord.info/GC3GKDW

So the max time is only 49 hours.

But i suspect most in a day challenges is easier to do where there are more caches/no need to fly between islands/countries
July 22, 2016 09:07PM
I still think this challenge is possible.
X countries in a day is not acceptable but x countries on the same date disregarding the year would be allowed.
A cacher would not be forced to cache all in one go but instead he can fulfill the challenge over the years.
as long it is on the same date.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2016 09:11PM by vogelbird. (view changes)
July 23, 2016 10:24PM
I've read the new Guidelines for Challenge-Cache.

So if the Challenge based on one day, it is possible to create a Challenge to find the caches in five different countries, i guess.:S

9. Time-Limited: Maintaining a finds streak, at least one find per day, up to 365 days.
July 23, 2016 10:35PM
In you case it is not acceptable under
9. Time Limited -
Time-limited caching: as in some number of finds per day, week, month, or year. Example, Busy Day, 50 finds in a day, 500 finds in a month, etc. (new 2016)

Only a streak of 1 find per day for no more than 365 days is allowed with no conditions
July 23, 2016 10:56PM
Ok, thanks for the information.
July 24, 2016 10:55PM
I'm cancelling this thread and archieve it. When you place a new request please also mention the CGcode for the challenge.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login