Advanced

[New script required] Is a checker possible?

GCo
[New script required] Is a checker possible?
December 13, 2018 04:36PM
Re: Is a checker possible?
December 13, 2018 05:17PM
I'm pretty sure this would require an extention of the polygon script to be written because of the three required caches ( GCAB11, GCZT7R AND GCZRWE). I wouldn't hold my breath, though, since it has limited utility given such challenges would not be allowed any more.
May 29, 2021 01:53PM
Tacking on the three additional caches for a one off script would be relatively quick.

@vogelbird can you create the polygons?
May 31, 2021 11:39AM
I don't think so but this is also not a request from the owner of the cache. If the request came from the CO I might dig deeper
December 15, 2022 05:08PM
I think this could be done without polygons, using a (small) assumption? i.e. If we assume that the highways run perfectly straight through the two concentric circles (which, is probably reasonable on quick inspection, as they have only 3 miles to travel and highways are generally straight), we can explicitly define the two intersection points of each highway and the circles, and if any find is within 3 miles of the line that joins those two points, then it satisfies the criteria. Obviously this would be really off if the highway curves severely in those 3 miles, but that seems unlikely. Even if it did, we could write a special case for that, since this'll be a one-off anyhow. I'm going to give that a spin and see if it works out.
December 15, 2022 05:24PM
You better contact King Boreas first (he is the owner) because the highways do make little curves
December 15, 2022 06:16PM
Okay, I've contacted them, asking if the approximation is acceptable, or, if he'd prefer not to have a checker at all. So, I guess we'll see what they say... they seem reasonably active still.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login