[Cancelled] GC1K1TK 12 Days of Caching
August 11, 2016 10:40PM
Doesn't seem to be a challenge checker for GC1K1TK 12 Days of Caching. And this is a challenge, but hidden in 2008 - presumably before the word Challenge had to be used.

It is similar to GC4R8ZT Up the 13 steps - Challenge cache which has a checker.
Re: GC1K1TK 12 Days of Caching
August 11, 2016 10:51PM
A challenge cache can only have a checker when the word challenge is in the cachr name.

I suggest you contact the owner if he is willing to add this word to the title
August 12, 2016 12:11AM
I'm curious as to why? Seems a strange artificial restriction.
August 12, 2016 12:24AM
You can read this in the guidlines
1.22. Challenge Caches
Required for all challenge caches

1. Type and Title

Challenge caches must be listed as Mystery caches and must have the English word "challenge" in the title.
August 12, 2016 04:57AM
Yes I know that - That is the groundspeak requirement for new Challenge caches. This is an old challenge cache that was published before that guideline requirement existed. So you are saying that old challenge caches can't have checkers! Sounds completely bats, but if that's the way project-GC works, then fine.
August 12, 2016 09:28AM
I am sorry you feel this way but the checker system at PGC is build around the new guidlines, therefor a challenge cache wil only be detected when the word challenge is in the title.
A checker for this cache will not remain because it will be automaticly disabled. .
August 12, 2016 11:43AM
An important difference between this and the 13 steps requirements is this challenge prohibits finding any additional caches (other than events) on the day, in 13 steps you are allowed to find additional caches. The checker would also have to assume all micros are 'well hidden'.

Because of this it will probably need a new script (or a patch to my existing script) and either the name to be adjusted or project-gc to change its policy on checkers on non-"challenge" caches (I'd agree it would be nice if there was a way to have exceptions to this rule).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login