Re: GC845CY checker 70 Words challenge

[Cancelled] GC845CY checker 70 Words challenge
May 13, 2019 11:45PM
I need a checker for Challenge 70 Words GC845CY
On average 70 words per log text
May 13, 2019 11:52PM
Unfortunately that's against rule 10 of the challenge cache guidelines:

Source of Criteria: Challenge cache criteria must be based upon the type of log, not on the log content.

The log content would be what's needed to count words.
July 29, 2019 09:26AM
I understand by saying "not on the log content" that the entry should not be rated whether the log was right or wrong, writen negative or positive, whether the spelling is correct or not - log content= the writer writes his ideas about the cache. He should write what he is thinking, the content of his feelings, his ideas - and this should be free, of course no challenge..( like: only nice logs / 500 logs with the word great in it etc.....)

If there were meant the count of words, why would you find on project GC an aword for writing lots of words in the log? See "the author" par example 50 words = gold.

As a cache owner I find it a pity if people write only "tftc". I enjoy reading long logs and this the thank you for my work....
I myself also write long log entries to say thank you to the owners!
It would be nice to get a reward for this - with this challenge!

You also can reach this goal when someone has olny a few words - write more and you get there!! What a great goal - for owner and cacher!! Thats what a challenge means for me!

Hope you understand me...
Look for the author in the badges!! It would be strange, when project gc counts the words in the logs an forbits it on the other side as a challenge!

Greatings

Claudia
July 29, 2019 09:45AM
I perfectly understand you. However, it's not Project GC that makes the rules regarding challenge caches but Geocaching HQ.
July 29, 2019 10:05AM
Ok.... to bad... thank you!
November 05, 2019 07:53PM
Just stumbled upon this thread.....and I have a follow up question.

Would it be possible to make a checker for TOTAL words (or characters) logged?
(We're coming up on a milestone of sorts.......1 million words! lol)

Total words: 999,542, Average: 213, (Total characters: 5,324,913)
Longest: GC7027T 578, Shortest: GC62V84 5

Or denied for the same reason?
November 06, 2019 04:28PM
This challenge is not allowed anymore because it is based on log content

You can read this in https://www.geocaching.com/help/index.php?pg=kb.chapter&id=127&pgid=206#criteria
Challenge cache criteria must be based upon the type of log, not on the log content.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login