Advanced

[Cancelled] NEW CHECKER

[Cancelled] NEW CHECKER
December 04, 2019 02:32AM
Hello,
Have an idea for a new 96 theme cache. Need to know if this checker is possible
First you have to have three finds minimum 96 km from your home position.
Second, these three finds must also be minimum 96 km apart from each other.
Third, inside the triangle these three caches make, you must have minimum 96 finds.
Let me know if this is possible.
daBoiDoge
Re: NEW CHECKER
December 04, 2019 04:25AM
The first condition certainly violates rule 10 of the challenge guidelines, possibly condition 3 does as well.

Not allowed: Challenges based on geographic areas other than countries, states/provinces, counties (or their local equivalent). For example, user-defined mapping polygons, latitude/longitude, radius, etc.

Additionally we would not even have access to the user's home coordinates from checker scripts.
December 04, 2019 04:34AM
Hello PattuX,
If I changed first and second item to three finds in Ontario, Canada, 96km apart.
Third rule is not time based, they do not need to find them on the same day, but have 96 finds between these three finds.
daBoiDoge
December 04, 2019 05:00AM
Exchanging the radius for finds in Ontario would solve the issue with the first requirement.

My concern with the third rule is that you're also requiring finds in an area that is based on a polygon (triangle) rather than a country/state/county. However I'm not 100% sure whether it would be declined since you're not requiring finds in some set polygon you defined, but rather let the user choose (more or less) his own one.

I think it's best if you first ask your local reviewer whether this challenge would be publishable. If it is, I'll try to provide a checker. Please understand that this would require some work (as it would need a new script as far as I'm aware) and I'm not keen on putting effort into a script that can only check challenges that won't be published anymore.
December 04, 2019 06:32PM
PattuX

Appreciate your feedback, and will check with local reviewer.
daBoiDoge
January 03, 2020 04:29PM
Is there any feedback from your reviewer if not we like to move this request to ARCHIVE Checker requests (impossible)
January 04, 2020 02:35PM
Hello
Sorry for not replying, received feedback from reviewer, and it's not allowed.
Appreciate your help!
daBoiDoge
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login