[Cancelled] Trifecta
December 12, 2019 10:04PM
hi

are you able to make me a checker for the 'The Geocaching Trifecta'

if so I will create a page

thanks
Re: Trifecta
December 12, 2019 10:28PM
If you're specifically talking about the pacific northwest "trifecta" meaning HQ, original stash, and the ape cache, those would fall under rule 11 about specifying a specific group of caches and wouldn't be allowed.

11. A challenge based on elements under the cache owner’s primary control is not acceptable: examples, my favorites, my caches, bookmark lists, caches by this owner, or this group.
December 12, 2019 10:46PM
To be a bit more precise "Ground Speak HQ, the APE cache and the Original Stash Plaque Cache are all considered part of the Trifecta of Geocaching"
Ground Speak HQ and Project Ape Cache are a type of cache (1 HQ and 2 Ape caches).
The problem is Original Stash Plaque Cache because this is not a recognized type and as such is not allowed as a source of criteria under rule 10 of the guidelines.
December 13, 2019 01:42AM
There is also the "Original Cache Location" souvenir given out for finding the original stash which may be a valid criterion.
December 13, 2019 03:45AM
In that case it is allowed by using a souvenir checker.

Earn 3 souvenirs :
Geocaching Headquarters (1)
Original Cache Location (4)
Project A.P.E. Cache (5)

So the only thing what is missing is a script

And of course proof that there are enough qualifiers in your local area

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2019 04:00AM by vogelbird. (view changes)
December 13, 2019 06:42AM
Try this kind of challenge https://project-gc.com/Challenges//47278

You can not name it The Geocaching Trifecta because the Project A.P.E. Cache souvenir could also be earned in Brasil
December 13, 2019 07:01AM
That checker will probably be seen as a list. Try this temporary checker:

https://project-gc.com/Challenges//47279
December 13, 2019 02:08PM
I was thinking about the APE cache requirement as a type restriction, i.e. "Find an APE cache in the US"

Guidelinewise there should be nothing stopping you from combining a souvenir checker with a "find a cache of type X in country Y" checker, albeit the type in this case would be rather special.
December 13, 2019 02:51PM
Adjusted 47278 and ask the opinion of Groundspeak about a challenge like this
December 13, 2019 06:55PM
Ah, wasn't aware that it needs to be an APE in the USA. Removed my checker since it won't catch that. But yes, HQ will have to give the go-ahead.
December 12, 2019 10:34PM
I am amazed that it is not allowed as when you go to GCHQ they want to sell you there stuff to celebrate the completion,
and I bought the coin as well - lol
December 13, 2019 07:20PM
thanks for all your help and support -

here is the reply from GCHQ

Hello
Thanks for contacting Geocaching HQ.

Unfortunately, your challenge cache idea would not be possible because it would not comply with the Specific Lists guideline of the Challenge Cache Guidelines.

Best regards,

Chris
Geocaching HQ

Sent: Thu, 12 Dec 2019 13:54:06 -0800
To:
Subject: Update on Your Request

Hi

before I make the page, can I submit this challenge cache ?
I would like to publish a challenge cache celebrating my completion of the 'Geocaching Trifecta' as when I was in your HQ your staff talked about it and I bought a coin to celebrate,
and this will encourage more people to do it

regards

CHEZRASCALS
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login