Advanced

[Cancelled] Does a checker for this already exist?

[Cancelled] Does a checker for this already exist?
December 17, 2019 03:17AM
If not, how do I request it?

Let me state up front that I am not at all familiar with how this "request a checker" thing really works. I have the gist, but the details... not so much.

Here is what I am looking for. Below is a link to a challenge type that has become rather popular. I am two dates away from qualifying.

https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC7YP5T/37640

What I would like to know is,

1) can this be altered to ask for two (2) per calendar date?

2) does such a checker already exist? If so, please give me a link to a cache which uses it. You will have my gratitude.

3) can a checker be worked up without a specific cache ID, because I need to know how many I actually still need? The best way that I can think of to check the checker is to actively use on my own stats. This assumes, of course, that the answer to 2) is "No." If the answer is "Yes, there is," then I'll use it and ask for a clone when and if the time comes.

Please educate me on any aspects of this about which it is obvious I need the education. I feel like a total noob, but then, I really kinda am.

Jim, the other half of chaosmanor
Re: Does a checker for this already exist?
December 17, 2019 05:37AM
1) Yes, that would be possible. But such a challenge would not be allowed under guideline 9:
Not acceptable
Requiring more than one find on any day or calendar date, even if cumulative. Example, find 5 caches for every date of the Finds for Each Day of the Year grid.

2) I don't know of a cache which has such a checker, since such a challenge has not been allowed for several years.

3) Probably the easiest way to track for a personal challenge (as noted before, you wouldn't be able to make a challenge cache) would be if you are a paying member of Project-GC you can use the "Needed found dates" tool. This is linked to from the calendar in your profile stats.
Re: Does a checker for this already exist?
December 18, 2019 04:07PM
Got it. I *did* miss that aspect of the Guidelines. Now that you call my attention to it, I remember this coming up in regards to Pyramid Challenges.

Thanks for your quick response. I guess that this can be archived, now.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login