Advanced

Re: GC8NKV1 - Jasmer X

[Cancelled] GC8NKV1 - Jasmer X
April 02, 2020 11:27PM
I have never seen this challenge, but I don't see any reason it would not be allowed. I am trying to make an X on the Jasmer grid. That means finding a cache placed in January and December of year 1 - and the same set in year 12. Then finding a cache placed in February and November of year 2, and also in year 11. March and October in years 3 and 10. April and September in years 4 and 9. May and August in years 5 and 8. June and July in years 6 and 7. I realize this is complicated since the first year could be 2001 through 2008 and will increase as the years go by. But I know you do sliding dates for other challenges, so I'm hoping this will be possible.

Thank you for your help with this.

Faye/PulmonaryHip
April 03, 2020 01:48AM
Interesting idea. This would require a new script, but I'm a little unsure if it would be allowed, since "grid art" challenges have been knocked back in the past (it seems to be an unwritten rule). Could you please reach out to your reviewer to see if they would allow this challenge?
May 01, 2020 12:49PM
Any new developments on this request?
May 01, 2020 04:12PM
They shut it down cold. Sorry I forgot to get back to you. No explanation - just NO!
May 01, 2020 04:41PM
Thanks for the info
May 02, 2020 03:30AM
The explanation is that an "X" is Grid Art - statistics that look pretty when plotted on a chart. In contrast, having a find on each month of 2001 is a geocaching accomplishment.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login