Advanced

[Cancelled] Checker Request for GC8VGBV The Milestone Challenge

[Cancelled] Checker Request for GC8VGBV The Milestone Challenge
June 23, 2020 04:49AM
UPDATE: Since this cache violates the guidelines, there is no more need for a checker.

The checker for this would be super simple. It would say they qualify if they had 1 less cache than a milestone (0, 4, 9, 24, 49, 74, 99, 199, 299, etc). It would than say "You will qualify for this challenge if you log this cache as your next find. If you have already found the cache, please log it as found now. If not, if this is the next cache you find, you qualify as well."

Let me know if there's anything I can make clear/do to make this easier.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2020 05:40AM by elacb. (view changes)
Re: Checker Request for GC8VGBV The Milestone Challenge
June 23, 2020 05:07AM
Hi, I believe this is against the challenge guidelines: https://www.geocaching.com/help/index.php?pg=kb.chapter&id=127&pgid=206

The challenge goes against:

Section 10.
As you are specifying the milestone must be achieved on a specific GC code

Section 14.
As you are effectively stopping a cacher from caching if they are 1 below a milestone.

I could be wrong of course, but thats my initial reading
June 23, 2020 05:13AM
For Section 10, I am not entirely sure who is correct, as the wording is kind of iffy.

For Section 14, it does not stop a person from caching, as they can find the cache at any time. Most people will probably find the cache beforehand, and therefore they just need to remember to log that cache, which would not prevent them from caching.
June 23, 2020 09:56AM
It definitely violates rule 14. Also, with labcaches in the mix and the minimal information on order of their finds, the GC milestone might differ from the one perceived by Project-GC.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login