Advanced

Re: Checker request: GC8GPEG Debunk a Dozen DNF's

[Cancelled] Checker request: GC8GPEG Debunk a Dozen DNF's
July 28, 2020 05:04PM
I'd like to place a challenge cache that encourages cachers to hunt for caches that other cachers have DNF'd. This is modeled on this challenge cache in Pennsylvania (which I've qualified for and found):

https://www.geocaching.com/geocache/GC32T65_ych-challenge-debunk-a-dozen-dnfs?guid=aaa64e7f-79ae-494d-8c08-fb03084fb4ac

The checker needs to look through your found logs to see if the log prior to yours is a DNF. Ideally it would count how many DNF logs before your found log, but I could make the challenge be that you had to find a cache after at least one DNF on 12 different caches.
July 28, 2020 05:22PM
Unfortunately that's against rule 5 of the challenge cache guidelines:

Standard for Criteria: Challenge criteria must be positive and require that a geocaching goal be achieved. Criteria may not be for a negative achievement such as DNF logs.
July 28, 2020 05:26PM
I did see that, but I thought it would be alright as the challenge isn't to log DNF's yourself, but to find caches after others have DNF'd them.
July 28, 2020 05:28PM
Well, apart from being against the guidelines, the DNF logs are also not accessible to the checker scripting system, so it's a moot point.
July 28, 2020 05:29PM
Thanks.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login