Advanced

Re: GC7595K attribute spelling checker.

[Cancelled] GC7595K attribute spelling checker.
August 15, 2020 07:55PM
Hello,
Could I have a checker for the following please.
The challenge is to find 10 items spelt using the first letter of attributes on caches the cacher has found, e.g. Ticks is T and Special Tool Required is S.
Letters can be used again in the same word if needed.
The words are Bacon, Bananas, Candy, Cod, Comb, Flour, Ham, Mango, Soya, Sultanas.
I have run this past our local reviewer who said the challenge was ok.
Thank-you,
Ky Devas
September 01, 2020 05:47PM
Sorry, but I checked with HQ but this would not be allowed.
(Anything alphabet-related is covered by the "cache page text" mention in the Not Acceptable column in the Source of Criteria section.)

Please view https://www.geocaching.com/help/index.phppg=kb.chapter&id=127&pgid=206#criteria
September 01, 2020 07:50PM
That's a shame.
I clicked on your link to read about it but get an error message "404 Not Found." Could you repost it please.
Thanks.
September 01, 2020 08:56PM
At the moment the link is not working but you can find the guidelines on geocaching.com
Hide a geocache
Hiding a geocache is a big step in the life of any geocacher. To help with the process, make sure your cache follows the Geocache hiding guidelines. Watch the video above for tips on how to get started.

Geocache hiding guidelines ===> Physical caches ===> Mystery Caches
Learn more about Mystery Caches. ===> 2.12. Challenge caches ===> 10. Source of Criter

Second try of the link https://www.geocaching.com/help/index.php?pg=kb.chapter&id=127&pgid=206#criteria

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2020 11:50PM by vogelbird. (view changes)
September 04, 2020 03:39PM
Thanks. I had read these before I contacted my reviewer to see if I had missed any reason why this was not ok and on reading them again the challenge still seems fine as they specifically say under 4 that challenges can be based on attributes. Shame as this would have been a bit of fun instead of the same repetative challenges.
Thanks anyway.
September 05, 2020 12:07AM
Interesting.

"first letter of attributes on caches"

Does not appear to be in conflict with this (negative) criteria:

"These cache page elements: cache titles, cache owner, GC Codes, publishing Reviewer, or cache page text."

Vogelbird, did HQ say they would update the guidelines? I can see this coming up again.

Ky, it would have been interesting. Thanks for thinking outside the box!
September 05, 2020 11:37AM
@TravelingGeek - no indication was given for an update of the guidelines
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login