Advanced

Re: Allowed? Reviewer Rejected GC9464Z 3 Big Days

[Awaiting feedback] Allowed? Reviewer Rejected GC9464Z 3 Big Days
December 28, 2020 03:43AM
Reviewer has rejected because Section 9. Time-Limited. I thought this was negated by "any year cumulative"
Did I just write it up wrong?

Checker:
https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC9464Z/57437
*************************************************************************************************
In order to log this cache, you must:
1. Have discovered caches with 20 or more different D/T combinations in one day but any year cumulative (1/1, 3/3, etc)
2. Have discovered 8 or more cache types in one day but any year cumulative.
3. Have discovered 7 or more container types in one day but any year cumulative.
This can all be done on the same day, 3 seperate days, or any year cumulative but you must complete the requirements to log as a find.
************************************************************************************************

Thanks,
Phil
December 28, 2020 05:16AM
I have seen challenges like this go either way. It depends on how your reviewer interprets the last 'not allowed' clause in the Time Limited section. As you aren't specifying an actual date, I would have thought it would be ok. Obviously the reviewers are the final arbiters. Your title might have also got the reviewer into assuming you meant "in one day"

X - Requiring more than one find on any day or calendar date, even if cumulative. Example, find 5 caches for every date of the Finds for Each Day of the Year grid.

You could try change the wording a little and resubmit, "in one day" is particularly problematic. Emphasize that can be on ANY date and in ALL years.... nothing wrong with over explaining it.... my reviewer can be convinced sometimes if I articulate my argument and ask nicely.

In order to log this cache, you must:
1. Have discovered 20 different D/T combinations on ANY same calendar date, but from ALL years cumulative (1st January 2012 & 2013 & 2019, 3rd March 2014 & 2017, etc)
December 28, 2020 11:03AM
@GreyHams
We should not use this forum to advice CO's to trick reviewers into wording which HQ will not approve and ultimately archive a challenge cache like https://www.geocaching.com/geocache/GC8PZEY_challenge-3-big-days
December 28, 2020 10:58AM
Your reviewer is correct in declining your proposal

The checker I provided does not check the requirements you describe
The checker is for
1. Have discovered caches with 20 or more different D/T combinations
2. Have discovered 8 or more cache types
3. Have discovered 7 or more container types

The requirements you are describing are against the guidelines
January 18, 2021 11:26AM
This thread has not received any further feedback and will therefor be moved to ARCHIVE Checker requests (impossible). Should the requester have any queries he can raise his question on this thread in the archived section,
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login