Advanced

[Cancelled] Travel Adventure Challenge Three Time the First Time, but T5

[Cancelled] Travel Adventure Challenge Three Time the First Time, but T5
November 27, 2016 10:19PM
We have a tricky problem and we hope someone can help us to solve it. We have realized that the requirements are complicated and will require more than just a few lines of code, but we need an idea or maybe an existing checker for our unpublished challenge idea.

We want to challenge the following requirements:
- first you need at least three countries (of course to solve this challenge you will need to have more than three, but this is not the question)
- to fulfill at least the mentioned requirements the first logged cache in at least three of the different countries must be a T5

This might not sound too bad, but this is where it gets complicated ...

Does anyone know a checker with requirements comparable to our one or does anyone have an idea how we have to write such a checker by ourselves?

I don't know if this sounds like a coding nightmare, but we really hope someone is willing to help us.

Thanks
Re: Travel Adventure Challenge Three Time the First Time, but T5
November 27, 2016 11:02PM
I doubt that it will be allowed. You will punish a find on a non T5 before a T5

Guideline 14. Positive Challenge Criteria not allowed

Not finding caches: design that limits or punishes any element of finding caches. Examples: Challenges that require ratios in finds; such as 10% of finds must be Attended logs, challenges that require finding only some particular type for over time, as 100 consecutive Mystery finds.

I suspect not script exist but it would be possible.
But I suggest that you first ask a reviewer if it is ok.
November 27, 2016 11:09PM
"the first logged cache in at least three of the different countries must be a T5" this excludes a lot of cachers which already cached in a lot of countries.
I have a feeling that this might be seen by cachers as not attainable or a challenge that limits or punishes any element of finding caches.

Please ask a reviewer if this is allowed before a checker script is made.
December 09, 2016 02:29PM
No feedback received , thread cancelled
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login