Advanced

Re: GC9EGHX - Requesting checker for 5 virtual caches found in a day

[Cancelled] GC9EGHX - Requesting checker for 5 virtual caches found in a day
July 30, 2021 05:42PM
Hello,

I am in the process of creating a cache where the challenge will simply be having found 5 virtual caches in a single day.

(I myself found 6 virtual caches 18.07.2021)

I have started creating the cache GC9EGHX but not sent it for approval yet.

Help establishing a challence checker would be much appreciated
July 30, 2021 09:44PM
Unfortunately, this is against the guidelines:

Criteria 9

Time-limited caching: as in some number of finds per day, week, month, or year. Examples: Busy Day, 50 finds in a day, 500 finds in a month, etc
July 31, 2021 01:41AM
Thank you for letting me know, I missed that detail in the guidelines.

After carefully reading the guidelines, I have struggeled to create a challenge based on my own humble 345 finds which poses any real challenge. However, I have come up with the following:

Having found minumum one cache hidden each year from 2004 onwards which has the recommended for children attribute.

So the challenge would be quite similar to this one (https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC7Y36N/37414) which requires minimum 1 cache hidden each year from year 2000 and onwards, but exclude the period from 2000-2004 and add the requirement of the recommended for children attribute

Update: On second thaught I think I will wait with creating a challenge cache until I have more finds so that I can create a real challenge, thanks for your help anyway.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/2021 11:03AM by Heimdalane. (view changes)
July 30, 2021 09:45PM
I'm sorry but since the introduction in 2016 of the challenge guidelines this type of challenge is no longer allowed.

Please read https://www.geocaching.com/help/index.php?pg=kb.chapter&id=127&pgid=206#timeLimited

Not acceptable
Time-limited caching: as in some number of finds per day, week, month, or year. Example, Busy Day, 50 finds in a day, 500 finds in a month, etc.

[/quote
July 31, 2021 11:22AM
Here is the link https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC9EGHX/62332

Please test and reply
July 31, 2021 01:19PM
Thank you very much. The checker seems to work with the years, but does not seem to include the requirement that the qualifying caches have to have the "recommended for children" attribute.

However, there is no need for further update as I have decided to wait to post the challenge cache until I have more finds so that I can create a more exciting challenge. Thanks for your help!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login