Advanced

Re: Need some modifications for the GC8BQQ5 checker

[Cancelled] Need some modifications for the GC8BQQ5 checker
August 11, 2021 01:26PM
https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC8BQQ5/44244

I need some modifications for this checker...

Has to check if at least there are 8 types of caches (as it is)
For each type, there MUST be at least 2 completed pairs (1/5 & 5/1 is one pair, for example, so you need a second pair... for example 2,5/3 & 3/2,5). Original required only one.
Finally, has to check if you can complete the grid only using qualifying caches.
Every pair MUST only be used only once for this purpose. (For examle: if you used the 1/2 and 2/1 for webcam type, it can not be used for the whereigo, even if you have both of them, so the checker has to sort them wisely).

The new cache name is:
THE DOUBLE TROUBLE CHALLENGE (GC9EXMQ)

Thank you :D

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2021 12:02PM by Chaman Calle. (view changes)
August 13, 2021 10:33PM
This will probablt need a script extension, I have emailed the scriptwriter for you.
September 14, 2021 01:45PM
Any news on this?
October 03, 2021 09:43AM
Is anybody working on this? If not, I can not publish the cache and will be archived without publishing :(
October 03, 2021 09:51AM
Sorry, I must have missed your last message! The scriptwriter hasn’t responded to me, so I’ll see if I can write the extension myself over the next few days.
October 04, 2021 01:35PM
Ok thanks! :D No hurry, just wanted to check if somebody was working on this.

As far as I know, the code should stay the same. The only thing that has to change is the configuration of at least 4 caches per type.

The code right now looks for pairs. After that, focuses on types with fewer results. And finally, sorts the result. I did not find any restriction for "number of pairs per type", but a "at least 4 caches per type" also mets the condition of 2 different pairs, and coluld be easier to implement, couldn't be?
October 05, 2021 07:50PM
Could you take a look at this: https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC9EXMQ/63665
I had to rewrite most of the script since it was too difficult to extend by the way it is written. I'll probably change the format of the html and log, just want to check that it is checking the right thing first!
October 11, 2021 02:01PM
This one does not check if you can complete the grid, so it is not valid.
October 11, 2021 02:53PM
What grid needs to be completed? The checker checks for how many dt pairs you have, where each pair has a unique DT, has to be of the same type, and the type has to have more than two pairs. All counted pairs are listed by type below. Am I missing something?
October 13, 2021 01:25PM
What I requested was modifications of the script in order to fit the new condition of at least 2 pairs per type. The checker now does not work as the original (does not choose only one type for every D/T, and does not check if you complete the matrix).
October 13, 2021 09:08PM
Okay, I think that is mainly a matter of the output display, but to choose a type for each dt will be a bit more complex than i had thought. I may not have time to do this myself over the next week or so, I will try to fit it in. If anyone else wants to work on it feel free
October 18, 2021 07:05PM
Try this
https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC9EXMQ/63665
I think it now outputs correctly and checks correctly, there may be a few bugs because it wasn't the easiest to write.
October 22, 2021 07:42AM
Does not work properly :( As far as I know, I do met the requirements

https://imgur.com/a/4DZC7Dy
November 14, 2021 02:53PM
you are completely right. I am very sorry, but I don't believe I have the coding skills required to complete this. I would try to learn, but currently i am very busy with work and other commitments. If a mod could mark this as new script required, that would be great, so another scriptwriter can look at it.
January 13, 2022 07:30AM
Hi! Is anybody working on this? Maybe Pietrix? Let me know :D
November 24, 2022 03:00PM
Geocaching HQ closed the page of this challenge because inactivity. It was just an expansion for an existing challenge so I did not think that would be so hard to implement...

Thanks for the attempt. This page can be archived.
October 15, 2022 03:53AM
I've been looking at this, and the requirements here aren't well defined, and there's a bunch of ambiguity.

While the challenge is understandable for a single pair of DTs, using multiple pairs create a whole multitude of problems. For example, if one pair you have for (say) 1.0/1.5 and 1.5/1.0, can you then use the 1.0/1.5 with a different 1.5/1.0, and that constitutes a distinct pair?

Regardless, I think you'll get pushback from a reviewer to actually publish this challenge cache, because the requirements are too difficult to understand.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login