[Cancelled] Checker for SideTracked - Bearley (Challenge Cache) GC57D5F
August 16, 2021 12:18PM
Wonder if anyone could make a challenge checker for the above cache:

1) You must have found and logged 25 SideTracked caches. These are caches that have 'SideTracked' or 'Sidetracked' or 'Side Tracked' in the cache name. Archived caches and finds made before publication of this cache count.

2) The 25 caches must be in 25 different counties in England, Wales or Scotland. The attached map shows the county boundaries, as used by GSAK, which apply for this challenge. The published co-ordinates are the ones that count for multis and unknowns. I will also allow ONE Irish (N or S) county.

Chris
Re: Checker for SideTracked - Bearley (Challenge Cache) GC57D5F
August 16, 2021 12:27PM
I'm sorry but since the introduction in 2016 of the challenge guidelines this type of challenge is no longer allowed.

Please read the hiding guidelines 2.12.10. Source of Criteria

Not allowed: These cache page elements: cache titles, cache owner, GC Codes, publishing Reviewer, or cache page text.
August 16, 2021 12:30PM
It's an existing published cache which pre-dates the guidelines, can a checker still be produced?

Thanks

Chris
August 16, 2021 12:55PM
Sorry, I did not look at the gccode. Yes a checker is possible but one of the other taggers will have to make it because I am on a mobile at the moment.
August 16, 2021 06:23PM
Here is a checker:
https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC57D5F/62632
Please say if it is good for you.
August 16, 2021 08:18PM
DrAcorn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Here is a checker:
> https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC57D5F/62632
> Please say if it is good for you.

((SEE REVISED POST BELOW))

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/16/2021 08:56PM by SideTrackedChris. (view changes)
August 16, 2021 08:32PM
It doesn't give correct results due to a different county list used.

It gives an extra 7 counties for my stats as opposed to the GSAK checker which is not acceptable.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/16/2021 08:35PM by JimJinks. (view changes)
August 16, 2021 08:50PM
JimJinks Wrote:
> It doesn't give correct results due to a different
> county list used.
>
> It gives an extra 7 counties for my stats as
> opposed to the GSAK checker which is not
> acceptable.

As per JimJink's comments above (who is the CO) would it be possible to have this checker use the polygons for counties that GSAK use?

If not the checker can be removed as it does not fulfil the correct 'rules' as JimJinks says.
August 16, 2021 09:28PM
Okay, the checker has been removed. If the counties were to match, I guess that new polygons would need to be created, which would be a lot of work.
August 17, 2021 02:02PM
@DrAcorn: There are a couple of scripts available that "converts" from UK administrative counties to UK geographic counties, I'm no expert in UK counties but I would hope there are only two parallell county-systems atleast. :) None of those scripts seem to handle using cache title to fill counties, but either if somebody feels like maintaining bookmark lists or if one of the scripts might be possible to extend to add cache title support. I don't know enough LUA to be able to rework the script, but if it's only the polygons stopping you I think that should probably not be a problem.

Names of scripts to look at: "Geographic UK Counties found with conditions" and "Counties found from Bookmark Lists"

The one Irish county might be the big problem.
August 17, 2021 02:44PM
@DrAcorn if you keep the tag on the arisoft multiple checker I can make a poly set to use with the script like I have done for Norway.
The back end of september I have time for this but keep in mind I have to see if there is enough boundary data available

This might be in the GSAK file but I don't have the link

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2021 02:48PM by vogelbird. (view changes)
August 17, 2021 02:53PM
@vogelbird, I’ve deleted it now, but I’ll redo it later when I’m free. I’m guessing this is an alternative to Pleu’s suggestion? I don’t know how much overlap there is between the two systems.
@Pleu, I don’t have time now, but I might be able to have a look at the possibility of using these scripts. I haven’t really used polygons in my scripts so far though!
August 17, 2021 02:53PM
vogelbird Wrote:
> @DrAcorn if you keep the tag on the arisoft
> multiple checker I can make a poly set to use with
> the script like I have done for Norway.
> The back end of september I have time for this but
> keep in mind I have to see if there is enough
> boundary data available
>
> This might be in the GSAK file but I don't have
> the link

Hi Guys,

Please do not spend any more time on getting this one to work with revised polygon files, it is no longer required so can be archived completely.

Sorry to waste your time!

Thanks
August 17, 2021 02:54PM
As the CO of the cache in question, I did not request this checker and I do not want it.

Please do not spend any more time on doing further work.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login