Advanced

Re: Checker request - GC51X1Y - 7 days in a row with at least one specific cache type

Shorrt version - 7 consecutive days with a find on one of the following:

EarthCache, Letterbox Hybrid, Cache In Trash Out Event (CITO), Mega-Event Cache, Wherigoâ„¢ Cache, Groundspeak Headquarters Cache, GPS Adventures Maze Exhibit, Virtual Cache, Webcam Cache, Project A.P.E. Cache, Locationless (Reverse) Cache

Link to the cache page - http://coord.info/GC51X1Y

Thank you!
This type of challenge isn't permitted under the 2016 challenge cache guidelines. From the Help Center article, under the "Not Acceptable" column: "Specifying any element of a cache listing (type, rating, etc.) or find count (above one per day) required during a streak."

EDIT: So sorry, I missed that this was a grandfathered cache.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2016 02:46PM by The Leprechauns. (view changes)
Re: Checker request - GC51X1Y - 7 days in a row with at least one specific cache type
December 12, 2016 11:19AM
This is a grandfather's cache published 09/04/2014. The checker is http://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC51X1Y/23827
December 13, 2016 06:41AM
There is another problem with this challenge. The word challenge is not in the cache title and therefor the checker is on autodisable. Please ask the CO to add this word to the cache title so the checker remains online.
vogelbird Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There is another problem with this challenge. The
> word challenge is not in the cache title and
> therefor the checker is on autodisable. Please ask
> the CO to add this word to the cache title so the
> checker remains online.

This might be a language issue, but what do you mean "the checker remains online"? Do you mean that the checker will not automatically show up on the geocaching site since "challenge" is not in the title, or will do you mean that the checker might get archived or deleted?

Thanks!
December 22, 2016 06:27PM
The checker is on automatic disabling because the challenge is not recognised by the system.
The word challenge has to be in the title
vogelbird Wrote:
> The checker is on automatic disabling because the
> challenge is not recognised by the system.
> The word challenge has to be in the title

So the checker disappears from this site since "challenge" is not in the title of the cache? I sent a note to Adam (the CO) on this as well.

Thanks!
December 22, 2016 04:48PM
Would x days in a row of any non-traditional caches be acceptable under the 2016 guidelines?
December 22, 2016 04:54PM
Read http://support.groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=206#timeLimited

Not Acceptable
Specifying any element of a cache listing (type, rating, etc.) or find count (above one per day) required during a streak. (updated Aug 2016)
vogelbird Wrote:
> Read
> http://support.groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.pag
> e&id=206#timeLimited
>
> Not Acceptable
> Specifying any element of a cache listing (type,
> rating, etc.) or find count (above one per day)
> required during a streak. (updated Aug 2016)

This one is a grandfathered challenge. That said, it would not be published now.
February 09, 2017 11:10PM
Howdy,

I asked the CO about this one and got the following response.

> I can't include the word "Challenge" because the name is too long. As it stands I only have 5 more characters. If
> I change "Seven" to 7, I can only add "Challeng" which I don't think would be too helpful. Sorry. It's only seven
> days. Surely something like that has to be memorable enough.

I don't know what this means for the checker but it seems this thread is dead.
February 10, 2017 11:11AM
I'll move this request to ARCHIVE Checker requests (impossible)
Thanks for giving it a try.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login