Advanced

[Cancelled] Checker request for GC9HKM8

[Cancelled] Checker request for GC9HKM8
October 22, 2021 07:08AM
Hi!!
I need a checker for a challenge requiring you to find at least one cache in each of the 360 degrees from your home location. I think this should be OK as it should not be a user defined polygon as it is different for everyone and it is something Project GC already has a checker for.
Thanks in advance!!
scavengermonkeys
Re: Checker request for GC9HKM8
October 22, 2021 11:30AM
The checkers does not have access to the user's home coordinates. Challenges are not allowed to be based upon them either, and haven't been allowed to for several years. This is a matter of integrity.

The challenge would not be allowed anyway because since the introduction in 2016 of the challenge guidelines this type of challenge is no longer allowed.
Sectors (the triangles/wedges from the starting point with an angle of 1 degree) are geographic areas other than country/state/county.

Please read https://www.geocaching.com/help/index.php?pg=kb.chapter&id=127&pgid=206#criteria

Not acceptable
Challenges based on geographic areas other than countries, states/provinces, counties (or their local equivalent). For example, user-defined mapping polygons, latitude/longitude, radius, etc.
Re: Checker request for GC9HKM8
October 23, 2021 05:14PM
Sorry didn’t notice the radius restriction. I thought it would be OK as it’s on Project GC.
You can close this one then. Thanks!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login