Advanced

Re: New Checker Request - Virtual Caches From Year 2005

[Cancelled] New Checker Request - Virtual Caches From Year 2005
October 28, 2021 03:20AM
I am working on a new challenge for my cache GC9HV1W where the cacher must find and log one (1) Virtual cache from the Year 2005. There are no limits as to where the Virtual cache can be found (U.S.A., Europe, Australia ,etc).

Thanks for your assistance
October 28, 2021 04:59AM
I think this might fall foul of guideline 10:
Not acceptable
Restricting finds to caches published prior to a particular date.
October 28, 2021 01:19PM
Good day

I have to ask this question and please do not read it as being a smart ass remark. I thinking of doing a Year 2000 cache challenge in which you have to find, say 12 or 16 Year 2000 caches. Or I might do the challenge where you have to find every month from May to December 2000. Now I see there are a number of these challenges that are specific for a certain year that I can clone (with the possible exception of the quantities 12 or 16 if that quantity has not been specifically asked for in a challenge). So my question is: if Year 2000 challenges are accepted, why not 2005? Am I missing something. Again, I'm not being sarcastic, I'm just trying to understand the logic.

Thanks again for your help.
October 28, 2021 05:45PM
The guidelines are, on this point, interpreted different by reviewers across the world.
Why is a 2005 jasmer allowed and finding caches between 2005-01-01 and 2005-12.31 not

In your case you could follow the jasmer and say a jasmer with a leeway of 11 months

But do contact your reviewer for an answer because this will also help the community

If you ask by posting a reviewer note on the cache page, remember that you have to submit the cache for review for the reviewer to see your question
October 28, 2021 06:08PM
Thanks vogelbird & sumbloke

I think I understand, I think. Anyways, I'll let sleeping dogs lie. I have a couple other dreamt up challenges I want to run past you - I guess I never learn. I'll be in touch later today to test the system again.

Very much appreciate your answers!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login