Advanced

[Cancelled] Need a checker for a Challenge Mystery Bonus Cache in Rome

[Cancelled] Need a checker for a Challenge Mystery Bonus Cache in Rome
November 09, 2021 10:49AM
Hello everybody.
I would like to develop a Checker for a Mystery Challenge Bonus Cache that I intend to hide and link to my G.R.A.G. PowerTrail in Rome (https://www.geocaching.com/plan/lists/BMA5NXD).
The checker should check that at least 16 of the 32 traditional caches that will be part of the PowerTrail (still incomplete for now) have been logged in with a Found to be allowed to log the Mystery Challenge Bonus cache (33rd cache of the series).
Someone could please help me?
Re: Need a checker for a Challenge Mystery Bonus Cache in Rome
November 09, 2021 11:33AM
I'm sorry but it is impossible to make a checker for a traditional powertrail challenge without running into difficulties with the hiding guideline 2.12.10 Source of criteria

Not acceptable
These cache page elements: cache titles, cache owner, GC Codes, publishing Reviewer, or cache page text.
November 09, 2021 12:00PM
As far as you know, how could I obtain a similar result? I would like the last cache of the PowerTrail to be a Bonus for those people who actually looked for (and found) at least 50% of the caches of the PowerTrail itself
November 09, 2021 12:15PM
You can only achieve this by creating a normal bonus cache as per the hiding guidelines 2.17

A bonus cache is a Mystery Cache for which you have to find clues in other caches. Sometimes the coordinates for the bonus cache are in one other cache. In other cases, you gather clues for the final coordinates of the bonus cache from multiple other caches. Clues for a bonus cache can be hidden in any other cache type.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login