Advanced

Re: Checker request for GC3GR15

[Cancelled] Checker request for GC3GR15
January 23, 2022 03:39AM
GC3GR15 - Grandfathered challenge. In order to qualify, you must, in one day, find 36 total caches in Anoka County, Minnesota. The 36 caches must be equally divided among 6 cache owners. Previous finds count as long as they meet the requirements of the challenge.
January 23, 2022 04:50PM
Just noting that all finds must also be on the same day. I believe this means it would need a new/modified script.
October 05, 2022 05:17AM
Needs feedback:

I've written a checker for this script:
https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GCA0HJ0/71897

However, I have not linked it to the requested cache (it's currently linked to a bogus cache). I am hesitant to tag it to this cache, as I've run the checker for many recent loggers, and none of them qualify according to the script. I've been checking out why this is manually, and it appears that there are two reasons:

- It appears that several users used Adventure Labs as their qualifiers. I'm new to the API, but it appears that there is no way to get the owner of a Lab Cache, and thus these can't be grouped with other qualifiers. If ALs are allowed, then it appears the checker is not possible. Do you know if ALs are allowed (if you're the CO, or you've asked them)?

- For those that didn't use ALs, it appears users used GC92WYP, but as far as I can tell, the posted coordinates are *just* outside Anoka County (although the final may be within, the checker must use the posted coordinates). Perhaps you can confirm?

Thanks,
bmuzzin
October 09, 2022 05:25AM
Message sent to CO, and thanks!
December 16, 2022 02:13PM
Any feedback received from the CO
December 16, 2022 05:40PM
Yep, sorry for the delay in posting the response -

"1) yes, adventure labs may be used for this challenge
2) GC92WYP "posted coordinates" does show it in Hennepin County, but the actual geocache is in Anoka County"
December 16, 2022 05:53PM
Lab caches can not be used in the checker because there is no location information in the API
December 16, 2022 06:39PM
Give those responses, I think a checker for this script is not possible. ie. If Lab caches are allowed, then we don't have the data to check. Also, if they're allowing exemptions for unknown caches whose finals are within the county, but posted outside, then we also can't check that. So, can we close this request?
December 16, 2022 08:24PM
Yep, please close, and thanks for checking it!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login