Advanced

Re: GC9TNKY Checker for 800 Caches per year

[Cancelled] GC9TNKY Checker for 800 Caches per year
May 13, 2022 07:08AM
This is a request of a checker for "Average of 800 cache finds for every year" the cacher has been Geocaching. This is for GC9TNKY.

Thx LaDeBA

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/16/2022 07:57PM by LaDeBA. (view changes)
Re: GC9TNKY Checker for 1000 Caches per year
May 13, 2022 07:24AM
I don't believe this would be allowed under guideline 9. Please check with your reviewer whether they believe it is acceptable.

If it's acceptable, it will probably need a new script to be written.
May 16, 2022 07:54PM
Hi...

Below is what I got from the reviewer on this cache. I have reduced the average number of caches found to 800 per year to allow more cachers to be able to complete the challenge.

Thx LaDeBA

"It looks like what you have there will work. Before I can go any further with it though I will need you to get the challenge checker. So for the time being I am going to disable it to allow you to get the checker and get the link put on the page. Once you have completed that feel free to enable the cache for review once more and we'll be able to finish the review and hopefully publish the cache.

Thanks
onecrazycanadian
Volunteer Reviewer"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/16/2022 07:56PM by LaDeBA. (view changes)
May 16, 2022 08:16PM
I will like to place this request on hold, before a scriptwriter is going to spend time on this, untill I have heard the advice from Geocaching H/Q
May 16, 2022 08:55PM
Isn't that the purpose of the Reviewer, wouldn't they have the guidelines to be followed?? I was hoping to publish this on the long weekend with several others. Is that still a possibility?? Anyways, let me know how it goes...

Thx LaDeBA
May 16, 2022 09:07PM
Scriptwriter time is precious and a similar type of request was rejected. That's why I referred to the professionals at H/Q
May 16, 2022 09:20PM
By the way there is an existing script and your result is

[LaDeBA](https://www.geocaching.com/profile/?u=LaDeBA) has used [Project-GC](https://project-gc.com/Challenges//XXXXXX "Project-GC Challenge Checker") to see if they qualified for this challenge and they did.

I have an average of 785.0 caches per year in the 14 years I've been active.

This also gives the example that in time you mind not fulfill the challenge
May 16, 2022 09:24PM
I just had the reply in from H/Q
You are correct that the challenge criteria is not permitted under the Time-Limited guideline.
May 16, 2022 11:22PM
I take it even if the script exists but is not allowed any longer it cannot be used. If that is true then I will look to create a different challenge with a new request but using the same cache number only rewrite the requirements..

Does that work??

LaDeBA
May 16, 2022 11:41PM
Yes, that's fine.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login