Advanced

Re: Need Checker for a very specific Fizzy Grid challenge

[Cancelled] Need Checker for a very specific Fizzy Grid challenge
June 12, 2022 10:29PM
Hi there,
I've been releasing two series of "World Trip" themed caches recently and would now like to add a challenge cache that fits the series, i.e. you must have found caches in x countries on at least y different continents.

I also thought about adding some complexity/difficulty by requesting the cacher to have a full 81 grid in which those x countries on y continents are contained.

Example:
If I wanted the cachers to have at least 2 countries from 5 different continents, then the criteria would be met if the 81 grid was full and contained the following caches:
Europe: 1.0/1.0 Germany and 1.0/1.5 Denmark
Asia: 1.0./2.0 Singapore and 2.0/2.5 Japan
Africa: 1.0/3.0 Morocco and 2.0/4.5 South Africa
North America: 2.5/1.0 USA and 4.0/3.0 Canada
Oceania: 2.0/1.0 Australia and 5.0/5.0 New Zealand
For all other D/T combinations it doesn't matter in which country/on which continent the caches were obtained.

I'd accept all types of caches except locationless.

Is the above something that is doable?

Looking forward to your feedback :-)

Daniel aka. InQbuS
June 13, 2022 03:33PM
There is no script available for this challenge criteria but I am also wondering if there are enough qualifiers available in you local area to satisfy your reviewer.

In any case I will make this item as a new script required
June 13, 2022 04:23PM
Many thanks!

According to the project-gc statistics there are 109 people in total available in my region that have 50 or more countries visited as of today so yeah, I think the criteria will be met by many of them :-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2022 10:03PM by InQbuS. (view changes)
June 27, 2022 01:49PM
Even though I found enough users who fulfill the criteria, I decided to cancel this cache and therefore don't require the script anymore. Are you OK to close this thread please before any more effort is put into this?

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2022 01:49PM by InQbuS. (view changes)
June 27, 2022 01:55PM
no problem - probably saved us time in the end as it could be a complicated script :-)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login