Advanced

Re: GC78A96 - A Different Sort of D/T Challenge - Bronze

[Resolved] GC78A96 - A Different Sort of D/T Challenge - Bronze
July 15, 2017 11:29PM
This is a D/T grid challenge arranged so that the higher difficulty or terrain cells require fewer finds than the easier cells.

To qualify for this Challenge Cache, either the sum or the product of the difficulty and terrain for every square of your difficulty/terrain grid, multiplied by the number of finds, should equal 25 or more.

For the majority of the D/T cells it is easier to satisfy the criterion by multiplying the D and T together, but towards the top and left of the D/T grid it is easier to qualify by adding them.

Example 1: the D2/T3.5 cell has 4 finds. This gives (2 * 3.5) * 4 = 28 "points" which is enough for that cell.
Example 2: the D2/T1 cell has 9 finds. This gives (2 + 1) * 9 = 27 "points", enough for that cell.

There will be 3 challenges. This is the Bronze version and will require a total of 25 in each cell, the silver version will require 50 and the gold version 100. Many of my cacheing friends already qualify for all 3 and I have pre-cleared all 3 with my local reviewer as being acceptable.

I would be grateful if someone who knows could advise if the current D/T checker will handle these alternative methods of calculating the "points" please, and if not, if it would be possible to produce one?

Rgds, Andy
July 16, 2017 09:50AM
The current DT matrix checker cant do that. I suspect that it is a trivial rewrite but I (creator of the DT matrix checker) will be on terrible internet connection for a few day but i could be fixed when I am back
July 16, 2017 12:55PM
I based the checker on a pattern.
Here is the link to the checker http://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC78A96/27628

Please confirm that this is the checker you require
July 18, 2017 07:56PM
Thank you very much - I'll try to do some testing this evening or tomorrow :-)

Rgds, Andy
July 19, 2017 01:41AM
I have tested it this evening and as far as I can tell it works fine, thank-you - I've tried 10 or 11 different cachers and it worked correctly on each of them.

As I mentioned in the original post, this is the bronze version, requiring 25 points in each cell. There is also a Silver version requiring 50 points and a Gold Version requiring 100 points. The GC codes and names for these are as follows:

GC78A97 - A Different Sort of D/T Challenge - Silver
GC78A98 - A Different Sort of D/T Challenge - Gold

I'd be grateful if you would configure the checker for these too please.

My thanks for the work you have done so far,

Rgds, Andy
July 19, 2017 02:06AM
Here you go: http://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC78A97/27677
http://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC78A98/27676

I copied vogelbird's tag and adjusted the numbers.
July 19, 2017 08:13PM
Very many thanks for the prompt actions :-)

I've just submitted the challenges for review. Do you know if it is possible for me to zero out the counts that the checker accrued during my testing?

Rgds, Andy
July 19, 2017 08:37PM
No this is not possible we cannot change the counter
July 19, 2017 09:17PM
Thank you, not a problem, and thanks again for the work you did on the checker.

Rgds, Andy
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login