Advanced

Re: Checker request - GC5QX37

[Resolved] Checker request - GC5QX37
September 01, 2017 09:00PM
Existing challenge but I'm hoping to replicate it in another state.

Basically it's find caches in X number of states, where X is determined by the user's number of finds divided by 1000. Round down to the nearest integer. If 50,000+ finds, then simply round down to 50.

Thanks!
September 01, 2017 09:32PM
I can do this. If you already know the GC-code for the new challenge I can make them both.
September 01, 2017 11:37PM
The checker for the existing challenge is available here https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC5QX37/28459

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2017 08:44AM by arisoft. (view changes)
September 02, 2017 08:53AM
Sorry, the previous Tag was for testing. The actual checker is here https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC5QX37/28460
September 03, 2017 04:56PM
I would be surprised it that will be allowed to publish a similar today as you indicated

14. Positive Challenge Criteria Not Acceptable
Not finding caches: design that limits or punishes any element of finding caches. Examples: Challenges that require ratios in finds; such as 10% of finds must be Attended logs, challenges that require finding only some particular type for over time, as 100 consecutive Mystery finds.

The challenge punish you for finding caches sine the requirement increases. Finding another cache shall never make a challenge harder.

The checker is also incorrect since virtual is include. My only US find is a virtual see the Quote. With the physically signed the caches yourself would also exclude earth caches and webcams. And if you are extreme evens since singing event logs are not a requirement. There is a bookmark list for traveling caches that can be used. An the Master of the Universe owner and the specified GC codes are not excluded

"Find caches in X number of states"
2016-03-25 United States, Missouri - GC3507 Population Center - Bull's Eye
Total number of founds 5926 / 1000 => 5
Qualifying 1 / 5, FAILED

For the purposes of this challenge, no traveling caches are allowed and only caches where you have physically signed the caches yourself are allowed please (i.e. no virtual caches, no caches placed by Master of the Universe, and no caches where another cacher signs you in at another location such as GC3PBQ7 and GC2089W)

The max 51 states requirement is also not included.

on Alamogul

"Find caches in X number of states"
2002-11-03 United States, California - GC3ECA Music To Our Ears
2007-07-18 United States, Arkansas - GCN5AR Statehouse Convention Center
Total number of founds 173641 / 1000 => 173
Qualifying 51 / 173, FAILED

One unclear thing about the challenge is if only finds in the US should be included? It feels like is a evil challange for foreigners if only US states are include but finds outside the US are counted

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/03/2017 04:57PM by Target.. (view changes)
September 03, 2017 05:16PM
Target
I would be surprised it that will be allowed to publish a similar today as you indicated

The given request seems to be not compatible with the actual challenge. I must add missing requirements.
September 04, 2017 01:32AM
You should always read the challenge requirement for a legacy challenge. Most of the time there is som requirement that that is not included in the request.
September 03, 2017 07:12PM

The checker is also incorrect since virtual is include. My only US find is a virtual see the Quote. With the physically signed the caches yourself would also exclude earth caches and webcams. And if you are extreme evens since singing event logs are not a requirement. There is a bookmark list for traveling caches that can be used. An the Master of the Universe owner and the specified GC codes are not excluded

These were good comments. Thank you!

I filtered cache types in which the signature is not mandatory. I used also the bookmark list for traveling caches. Alamogul now pass this test because the upper limit. But there is no founds left from caches placed by "Master of the Universe". ::o
September 04, 2017 01:44AM
You have missed to remove all event types and have removed the "GPS Adventures Exhibit" that are not a event type (Look at the grouping of found caches on someone that have a found).

Any Event Cache (including Mega, Giga and CITO Events) can be logged online if the geocacher has attended the event. Event Cache owners can request that cachers sign a logbook, but this is optional and cannot be a requirement for logging an Event Cache.

But I would restore all event types since you have to be there and I assume that it was not them the CO meant. Asking the CO might be a good idea
September 05, 2017 09:26PM
> But I would restore all event types since you have
> to be there and I assume that it was not them the
> CO meant. Asking the CO might be a good idea

CO allows using events so I put them back.

Now this is ready.
September 05, 2017 08:23PM
A note on this one - a new challenge based on this was indeed denied.

Thanks for creating the checker for the old one.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login