Advanced

Re: Checker request for GC4CPBY

[Resolved] Checker request for GC4CPBY
May 24, 2016 04:47PM
http://coord.info/GC4CPBY

Have 3 finds in all of the mentioned cities, but limited to traditional, multi, unknown and earth cache types.

I'm very positive the polygon data is available for these cities on osm. If the data is available in the checker system i can tag a script myself, if directed to the right one. :D
May 24, 2016 05:45PM
I can confirm that the OSM data is available but the poly script can not handled the conditions of the challenge that is 3 caches in each poly. The challenge needs a new or adopted script.
July 15, 2016 10:02AM
There is another problem - the cities grows. The polygon of city boundary taken today will not be valid some year later. So the checker should be constantly updated. If you can simplify the rules, that you should have found cache inside the circle around the city, say 5km or 10km from the centre of the city, the checker can be simpler and the rule can be stable in time. But hopelessly this approach is against the new challenge rules that does not permits user defined polygon. Depends on reviewer.
July 15, 2016 10:51AM
I disagree in this case because the boundaries are OSM bounderies which include de rural parts as well.
If a boundary changes it is because of a govermental change.

Maybe a polyscript could be adopted for this purpose
July 15, 2016 11:54PM
This is a grandfathered challenge and does not need to adhere to the new guidelines.
October 28, 2016 09:42PM
If someone can give me the name of the json with the poly data for these cities, I can take care for the 3 in a city part.
February 25, 2017 02:04PM
Vogelbird assembled the OSM polygons and I edited an existing script.

Please let us know what you think. It verifies ok but that doesnt check everything. I do not qualify.

http://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC4CPBY/25070

Vebis, you do not appear to qualify which surprised me some.
March 05, 2017 02:24PM
No feedback but verification is OK so thread moved to ARCHIVE Checker requests (completed)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login