Advanced

[Resolved] Virtual Cacher Challenge (Canada/US)

[Resolved] Virtual Cacher Challenge (Canada/US)
July 01, 2016 03:47AM
There is a Virtual Cacher Challenge for the US( 10 caches in 5 States) can I get one for Canada/US? 5 virtual caches in at least 5 states and 3 virtual caches in at least 3 Provinces. Please and thank you in advance.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/2016 03:27AM by Michel-Angelo. (view changes)
Re: Virtual Cacher Challenge (Canada/US)
July 04, 2016 02:58AM
Should be possible. Please provide your GC code for the cache (doesn't have to be submitted for review yet, just needs to have the page created).

Additionally, do you want the District of Columbia allowed or disallowed for the USA? It would be easier to make a checker if it's allowed (and most people qualifying would be likely to have more than five regions in the USA anyway).
July 04, 2016 03:18AM
Excellent.

GC6MVRM

Please include DC in the checker?

Thanks,
July 04, 2016 04:58AM
Darn, it looks like the existing scripts don't handle multiple finds per region in multiple countries. I think a new script will be needed, although it's probably not going to be too difficult a script.
July 04, 2016 07:05PM
I you need to make it 2 scripts that ok. I think the US/Canada Fizzy is 2 checker put together:

http://project-gc.com/Challenges//21594
July 05, 2016 01:37AM
I considered the Multiple test Checker script, but the region counting part of it only handles the number of regions, not the number of finds in each.
July 08, 2016 08:23PM
Hey,

I was just wondering if there is any progress on this or a timeline?

Thanks,

MA
July 24, 2016 11:26PM
I'm not sure if there is anything more I need to do to get this Script going? I have a cache ready to be published, just need the script to get the reviewers to publish. Thanks
July 25, 2016 12:25PM
There is an alternative of which I made a tag in an existing script http://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC6MVRM/22018.

The thing is that a cacher has to qualify with 8 groups which means that he can also qualify with 8 regions in the US only or any combination you can think of.

Please check out if this is something to consider and let me know.
August 07, 2016 01:16PM
I would rather have 2 checkers, one for the US and one for Canada. The intent of the challenge was "Virtually International". If someone can qualify for the challenge with just US finds, it kinda defeats the purpose.

Thanks,

MA
August 07, 2016 02:18PM
You cant have multiple different checker. Is has to be one that givs the correct result
August 07, 2016 05:59PM
Ok , I disabled the checker
August 29, 2016 01:25AM
OK, so is this request dead or is someone following up?>
October 28, 2016 10:32PM
Does this scratch your itch?

http://project-gc.com/Challenges//23228

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/28/2016 10:32PM by sloth96. (view changes)
November 04, 2016 12:49PM
It does, unfortunately after using the check it seems there are only 4 people that meet the criteria in the area, so I may have to reduce the requirements.

Can it be altered to make it 1 in 5 provinces and 1 in 10 states?

Thanks,

Michel-Angelo
November 04, 2016 12:59PM
Change made. 5 provinces 1 cache. 10 states 1 cache.

Let me.know how it goes.
November 06, 2016 09:31PM
Perfect thanks for the help!! Great job!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login