Advanced

Re: New Script requested for GC6BAKB

[Awaiting feedback] New Script requested for GC6BAKB
July 02, 2016 02:34PM
Hello,

I'd like to request a challenge checker for my new challenge cache.

What I'd like the checker to do is check if the user has found the first cache per type within The Netherlands. There should be 8 types allowed: Traditional, Multi, Mysterie, Letterbox, Wherigo, EarthCache, Virtual and Webcam.
The requested achievement for this challenge is finding 5 out of 8 types.

If a user has found an archived cache that meets the requirements that should fullfill the achievement for that type.
If the first cache of a type has been archived, the oldest active cache should replace this.

Fake dates should be refused. Lets say any hidden date before 31-12-2000 should not be fulfilling the requirement.

One special detail I'd really like to be in the checker is to allow the first TWO traditional caches, where one of the two is sufficient to fulfill the requirement. Reason for this is that there is quite some discussion about which was the first, Amsterdam Urban I (coord.infoGC198) or First Dutch (coord.info/GC1C6)

Hoping for a positive response :)

OmeErik
July 02, 2016 03:07PM
Have you asked a reviewer as I asked in the old post?
it it not obvious that this is allowed.
July 02, 2016 03:07PM
status fix
July 02, 2016 10:28PM
Hello Target,
Thanks for your responses. I have asked the reviewer and she/he will look into it and when i get an answer, ill make a post with the impotant news of the answer here.
July 07, 2016 10:52PM
Hello,

There is an answer from the reviewer. And it's a go for this challenge. My challenge requirements are considered and allowed, so hereby I request a checker for my challenge as described above. Many thanks in advance!

OmeErik
July 12, 2016 03:18PM
Status changed to New script required
July 13, 2016 10:23AM
The main problem of this checker is the fact, that any of the oldest cache can be archived and another cache becomes oldest.
So there can be the following scenario:
Suppose that the cache GC1001 is the oldest, cache GC1002 is the second, GC1003 is the third oldest.
On 2010-01-01 I've found the GC1002 but it is not oldest.
On 2011-01-01 the GC1001 has been archived.
On 2012-01-01 I want to log this challenge. I've found GC1002 that is actually oldest, but on time of found it was not oldest. Can I log the challenge?
On 2013-01-01 the GC1002 has been archived.
On 2014-01-01 I want to log the challenge. The GC1002 was the oldest between 2011 and 2013 but not when I've found it. It's not oldest neither now. But is older than actually oldest cache GC1003. So, can I log the challenge now?

another scenario:
same caches
On 2010 I've found GC1002.
On 2011 GC1002 has been archived
On 2012 GC1001 has been archived
now GC1003 is oldest. I've found GC1002 that is older than actually oldest cache but was not never oldest.
Can I log the challenge? (if YES the configuration of checker will be simpler)

However the checker should have list of oldest caches per every type including dates of archive and this list should be updated every time when actual oldest cache becomes archived. If you can maintain the list, I can write the checker, you will tag it (with actual lists) and you should update it when something changes.

In other case (when cacher can log with any older archived caches than actually oldest) instead of the list I need only one oldest cache per type. However you should update the config when actual oldest cache becomes archived.
July 13, 2016 10:45AM
The way i would code it is to get the oldest caches from pgc but filter out caches before 2000-03 because that are fake dates. And then select the oldest active cache.
The if you have found it or a older cache but after 2003-03 i would give a ok result.

there is not enough information to know if a cacher have found the oldest cache when it was logged.
The reason is that disabled caches cant be included in challenges and there is no information of when a cache was disables. Logs can be deleted and if it is found and disabled the same day the order of the logs can be incorrect and you cant know what happend first.
And caches can be archived and unarchived and then a find that was the oldes will not be oldest if a older is unarchived
But i suspect that is an rare occurance

A way to remove all problem is to write the condition that you have to find the oldes active cache at the time you logged the challenge or have found an older archived/disabled caches.
That will remove all problem with archive and disabled caches but stille give a resonable challenge. I suspect that the case with older get unarchived is rare and will seldom/newer happened.

Here is a checker that works that way but for 10 oldest in a region

http://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC2X4ZR/10411
July 17, 2016 12:19PM
Thanks for your answers.

I think the way Traget is saying to program the checker would be best for this challenge.

So oldest active cache of each type (traditional, multi, mysterie, letterbox, earthcache, webcam, virtual and wherigo) within The Netherlands.
Older, archived caches are allowed.
Fake dates before 2000-03 should be excluded.

Just one little aspect:
It seems unclear which is the oldest traditional cache, gc198 or gc1c6. I think it would do the most justice when any cacher who has found one of these 2 traditionals should qualify for the traditional type.Of course, cachers who have found both should qualify as well, obviously :)

Qualification should be for everyone who has found the oldest dutch cache for 5 out of the 8 mentioned types.

It would be great if the checker can give the output of the caches used to meet the requirements.

As written before, challenge has been approved by the reviewer.

I hope it's al clear now and the challenge checker can be written :)

Thanks in advance,

OmeErik

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/17/2016 12:26PM by OmeErik. (view changes)
August 01, 2016 10:01PM
Is there anything I need to do?

Besides being patient..:)
September 08, 2016 07:13AM
Hello,

Is there any progress on this challenge checker? I would really like to get my cache up and running :-)
Do you guys need more information? Is there anything I need to do?

OmeErik
September 13, 2016 11:43AM
Hello,

I've been looking around a little bit to help OmeErik, and maybe found a solution.
Is it maybe possible to use this script: SimpleBookmarklistChecker (by lillfiluren)
Tag config
{
"bml": "TBD",
"limit": 5
}
and create a bookmarklist with the oldest Dutch caches. Only thing is that for the traditional cache the checker only uses 1 of them, if both are found.
October 19, 2016 04:30PM
Dear programmers,

When will you start on this challenge?
It has been months since I applied, several checkers have been made,
but nothing here. It slipped through?

Hope this will get it under attention again

OmeErik
October 20, 2016 02:43AM
The big difference is that the checkers which have been made in the meantime are (mostly) just configurations on existing scripts. Your challenge requires a new script to be written.

As a comparison, tagging an existing script takes seconds to minutes to do. Creating a new script takes hours to days.
October 28, 2016 03:09AM
Howdy,

Just giving it a quick look, It appears your request is the same as this one.

Confirm and I will tag.
October 28, 2016 06:35AM
Hello sloth96,

It looks like you forgot to mention what my request appears to be the same as...
I dont see a link or gccode or challenge checker number to compare with.

OmeErik
October 28, 2016 08:01AM
I think sloth96 is meaning this one:

http://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC6JF6T/23191

Oldest Cache in Germany per Type

I think this meets the requirements as you stated, sloth96 only has to change the tag to Netherlands.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/28/2016 08:13AM by RaMaRoMa. (view changes)
October 28, 2016 08:56AM
I think when using Generic Oldest in N Types Checker (by sloth96)
the tag has to be something like this:

{
"nrtop": 6,
"country": "Netherlands",
"types": [
"Multi-cache",
"Traditional Cache",
"Unknown Cache",
"Earthcache",
"Letterbox Hybrid",
"Webcam Cache",
"Wherigo Cache",
"Virtual Cache"
}

Only thing is that in the Netherlands there is a discussion on which is the oldest traditional cache. First Dutch, GC1C6, is the oldest GC code in the Netherlands but Amsterdam Urban 1, GC198, has the oldest hidden date.
OmeErik wants the checker to be able to choose between both caches, so only 1 of them has to be found. Don't know if this is possible to add to this checker.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/28/2016 12:11PM by RaMaRoMa. (view changes)
October 28, 2016 12:45PM
@RaMaRoMa Thanks for backfilling my omissions.

As for the two possible first caches, there are two issues. The first is would a reviewer allow it as it is a list of caches and not something that can be gleaned from the data. The other is it is a difficult thing to make generic.

Is there a more generic way of wording it? Is it one of the first two or in the country? This would help with both issues.

Anyways the checker is enabled at
http://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC6BAKB/23225
November 07, 2016 06:53PM
What is the situation with this challenge.

There is a checker for the oldest caches per type .
Is OmeErik accepting the checker and is this request resolved ?????
November 07, 2016 07:03PM
Nothing has been heard from omeerik regarding the checker for 6bakb. I think it is still awaiting feedback
October 28, 2016 12:53PM
Sorry for my statement.
But I don't understand the discussion in the Nederlands.

Amsterdam Urban 1, GC198 is the First Geocache in the Netherland.
The hidden date is older, the GC Code is older. GC198 ist the Groundspeak Cache Nr. 408
GC1C6 (First Dutch) is Groundspeak Cache Nr. 454.
Also the first found of GC198 is older.
Why is there a discussion? There is only the Name and this says nothing.
Today you can only judge the facts and all the facts speaks for GC198.
I think you don't need both traditionals.

My German challenge is nearly the same for Germany and the checker
http://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC6JF6T/23191
works perfekt.
March 17, 2017 03:59PM
OmeErik

Can we close this? You may not have placed the cache but is the checker what you want?
March 18, 2017 08:54AM
Hello,

The checker is not as I requested it.

I'm looking for a checker that checks if a cacher has found the oldest actieve cache per type within the Netherlands. Requirement is 5 out of 8 types, with the following cache types that can be used: traditional, multi, mysterie, letterbox, Wherigo, EarthCache, Virtual and Webcam.

In addition, I would like the checker to use the 2 oldest traditionals (1/2 Should be enough to fulfill the requirement for tradi)

Gccodes for both traditionals have been mentioned in earlier posts.

I'm looking forward to the finetuned checker so I can get the challenge alive
March 18, 2017 12:10PM
Could you be more precise as to how it fails your requirements?
March 18, 2017 12:15PM
At the moment, the checker is based on a fixed list of geocaches, where I would like it to be based on the oldest active cache per type.
Also, the traditional is set to just 1 fixed gccode, where I requested 1out of 2 oldest (of niet of course)

I hope this clarifies where the checker at the moment rails

OmeErik
March 18, 2017 12:22PM
Have you looked at the checker links provided in this thread? They do not match the description you are giving.
March 18, 2017 12:13PM
Here is the link for the Netherlands version.

http://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC6BAKB/23225
March 18, 2017 12:28PM
The checker partially lists the caches as required,
But it is missing the optional 1out of 2 oldest teaditionals. Also, the provided checker is set for 6/8 types, as my request is set for 5/8. The reviewers have agreed to 5/8, but don't accept 6/8 or higher. So still some small adjustment should happen.

OmeErik
March 18, 2017 12:49PM
You should look at the link and not the text in the thread. The link has the 5 set.

You never addressed the concern of jpavlik as to how you feel about the behaviour when one of these two oldest caches becomes archives and are you ok with that?
March 18, 2017 01:00PM
I still don't understand why two traditionals
Amsterdam Urban 1, GC198 is the First Geocache in the Netherland and first found on 10-02-2001
The hidden date is older, the GC Code is older.

GC1C6 (First Dutch) first found on 18-02-2001
April 28, 2017 07:25PM
OmeErik, what is the situation on this challenge because I like to move this thread to archived checkers
May 03, 2017 10:25AM
This thread has not received any feedback from the requester for more than a month and will therefor be moved to ARCHIVE Checker requests (completed). Should the requester have any queries he can raise his question on this thread in the archived section,
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login