Advanced

[Resolved] Checker Modification needed for GC77K3K

[Resolved] Checker Modification needed for GC77K3K
July 02, 2018 02:35PM
The Challenge GC77K3K states "You need to find 10 different cache types in one state or country, 9 different cache types in a different state or country, 8 different cache types in yet another state or country. Continue until you are down to 1 cache type in a unique state or country." But the checker only counts icons in U.S. States but not other countries. For example, I have found 5 icon types in Australia, but the checker does not show Australia in the results it produces. Can this be fixed?
Re: Checker Modification needed for GC77K3K
July 03, 2018 01:53AM
It is easier if you provide a link to the checker.
July 03, 2018 02:29AM
July 03, 2018 03:43AM
Looks like vogelbird tagged that one. He's usually good about looking through all the threads here, so he'll probably find this. If he hasn't made a comment by tomorrow I may get in touch directly.

I couldn't find a thread where it was requested, so I can't check if the wording of the conditions is different to what was initially requested. The CO may have contacted him directly.
July 03, 2018 05:10PM
It was a direct request with no mention of countries. The script can not handle countries for this purpose
July 03, 2018 05:15PM
can the script be changed to handle, too? Or is that possible due to some technical limitation with project-gc or the data ?
This is not a big deal since I can figure this out manually, but it might be nice for future finders trying to meet this challenge.
July 03, 2018 07:28PM
I've copied vogelbird's config without the country limiter and it appears to be working, unless I'm missing something. So vogelbird only has to drop the country filter in the existing config. DrPflug doesn't appear to qualify yet though.
July 03, 2018 07:34PM
Pieterix the checker without the country limit is not correct.
It should be United States or countries if you remove the country limit cachers will qualify with regions from anywhere
July 03, 2018 07:38PM
I've had a look at the code. The "us_states": true option turns the USA regions into countries in the script, so it'll count only those USA states as countries.
if conf.us_states then
  for _,v in ipairs(myFinds) do
    if v.country=="United States" then
      v.country=v.country.."-"..v.region
    end
  end
end
So you can safely drop the country filter.
July 03, 2018 07:43PM
Try using Czechsun as a test. He didn't qualify with just U.S. States, but he manually used two countries for 7 and 6 icons and qualified.
July 03, 2018 07:46PM
Czechsun qualifies with my modified configuration with:
8 different types in Czechia
7 different types in France
and the rest from regions in the USA
July 03, 2018 07:53PM
that is what he wrote in the log too. so sounds like your change worked.
July 03, 2018 07:54PM
Yes I have seen this now and changed the config.
Sorry but I have a bad internet connection and only on a mobil phone
July 03, 2018 07:56PM
All good. Only happy to help where I can. (tu)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login