Advanced

[Resolved] Need checker for different icons in four different specific cities

[Resolved] Need checker for different icons in four different specific cities
August 18, 2018 08:45PM
I want to create a challenge that requires a different icon in each of four specific cities. There is no time parameter - they can be found all on one day or spread out. I just want four different types, one in each of the four cities. Can anyone help me with this? Or is it even possible?

Cheryl - cneumann98
Re: Need checker for different icons in four different specific cities
August 18, 2018 09:09PM
Can't have a checker for cities, but you can have one for regions or counties. Maybe describe in more detail what it is you really want? We also need the GC code for your challenge to create a checker for you.
August 18, 2018 09:17PM
GC7KF6T - Quad Icons in the Quad Cities
What I wanted was one different icon in each of the four Quad Cities (Davenport, IA/Bettendorf, IA/Rock Island, IL/Moline, IL)

If I can't do cities, I would be happy with two icons in Scott County, IA and two different icons in Rock Island County, IL. Could that be done?

For example, I have found a Wherigo in Rock Island, a mystery in Moline, and earthcache in Bettendorf, and a traditional in Davenport.
August 19, 2018 11:18AM
This type of challenge needs a new script. But you're in luck as I'm already working on something to cater for these.
August 19, 2018 04:17PM
pieterix, that's awesome! I have no idea how long something like that takes. What's your timeline look like?
August 21, 2018 12:12AM
Here's a checker for you:

https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC7KF6T/36765

Please test and let us know if it's suitable. Also note that this is brand new code, so please report any problems you might encounter with it so I can check the code.
August 21, 2018 01:23AM
You are AMAZING pieterix! I just ran it on my stats and it pulled up an event and a LBH in one county and a webcam and a virtual in the other.

Is the code written so it picks up all types of icons or just non-traditionals? My challenge isn't published yet so I can tweak the verbage to make sure it matches the checker still.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!
August 21, 2018 01:27AM
It'll match all icon types at random. I can tweak your checker to include/exclude certain icon types, so just let me know if you want any changes in that regard.
August 21, 2018 01:29AM
Nope, any and all icons in those specific counties is EXACTLY what I wanted. Thank you again! I'm so appreciative of your time.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login