Advanced

Re: Geographical Center Challenge North

[Resolved] Geographical Center Challenge North
August 20, 2018 04:23PM
This is a Challenge cache the final is at the posted coords. Lebanon ,Kansas is the Geographical Center of the Lower 48. To log a find you will need to have found 1000 caches in States/counties north of the Marker at the posted coords. The posted coords are N39 50.000 W098 35.000. GC7WEJY. Is it possible to do this type of challenge i am also interested in doing ,South,east west also of those coords. Is it possible now or do i have to list the states.

thanks steve

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/20/2018 05:08PM by Ground Fox. (view changes)
August 20, 2018 04:53PM
Unfortunately the rules do not allow arbitary polygons which is what you are effectively defining. You are only allowed make restrictions based on country, region/state and county level information. So you could reformulate the challenge to be find 1000 caches in States/counties north of that point - either fully or partially its up to you. If you provide a list people can then create an appropriate checker.
August 20, 2018 04:56PM
thanks i will make the change.
August 20, 2018 05:10PM
Changes made is this sufficent or do i need to list the states.

thanks steve
August 20, 2018 05:28PM
Challenges based on coordinates are not allowed, so you will have to list the regions or counties.
August 20, 2018 07:01PM
<p>This is a Challenge cache the final is at the posted coords. Lebanon ,Kansas is the Geographical Center of the Lower 48. To log a find you will need have logged at Least 500 caches . Kansas is bordered by Nebraska on the north; Missouri on the east; Oklahoma on the south; and Colorado on the west. You need to have logged at least 2 caches in each state but the total must be 500 if you add all the states together.</p>

Here is the change see if that works, 2 in each state and 500 total for the states combined.
August 20, 2018 07:16PM
Here's a checker for you:

https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC7WEJY/36783

Please test and let us know if it's suitable.
August 20, 2018 08:31PM
WORKS GREAT thanks steve
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login